Home

Applying Concepts of Day of Reckoning 2 to Modern MMA Titles

This is a discussion on Applying Concepts of Day of Reckoning 2 to Modern MMA Titles within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Applying Concepts of Day of Reckoning 2 to Modern MMA Titles

The Gamecube's WWE Day of Reckoning 2 still gives gamers a fighting engine that is one of the most balanced simulation fighters ever created. The gameplay elements present have been unsurpassed since the game’s inception in 2006; the game still remains a deep wrestling experience, with wrinkles of simulation depth in every aspect of its build.

WWE DoR2 easily stands alongside games such as Fight Night Champion, EA Sports MMA and UFC Undisputed: 2011. Read more to see why through the damage system employed, and also the amount of strategy a deep move list can bring to the table. All of these gameplay pieces can be built into today’s games for a deeper simulation experience.

Read More - Applying Concepts of Day of Reckoning 2 to Modern MMA Titles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I love WWE games but the Smackdowns of late have been horrible. To this day DOR1 & 2 are my favorite wrestling games of all time. They have terrific strategy and are amazingly fun to play. I still pop these in my Wii from time to time. They're incredible
Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
The only reason No Mercy is considered the greatest american wrestling game of all time is because noone owned a game cube. DOR2 is the greatest american wrestling game of all time
Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Applying Concepts of Day of Reckoning 2 to Modern MMA Titles

2005 not 2006.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15
Here Comes the Pain is the best with No Mercy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. That game was not very good in comparison to the best out there. People may not of had Gamecubes but you didn't have a Japanese PS2 and don't now about KOC2 or FPD for Japanese Dreamcast.

I used to respect this website, but with the lack of a PES12 review it seems that you guys have lost your way. EA pays well huh?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game was and is the best wrestling game ever bottomline. You could string together moves like no other wrestling game in history. If TNA could buy this game engine right now and put it out on today's consoles with a online association where you could build your own wrestling association they would surpass Smackdown vs Raw easily. I still prefer this game and MVP 05 over anything made sense.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Critical Shot: Was that your attempt at an argument? I backed my argument with concrete evidence by breaking down the gameplay. Why don't you elaborate one your comparison's before you start insulting my writing and my integrity as a writer. Enlighten me. The PES12 review is on its way, by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »