Home

NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #57
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
Thats what I thought.... it makes no sense
Easy...I never said I wasn't a basketball fan, I'm just no expert. I watch as many Sixers games as I can, but I couldn't tell you how to effectively defend against the triangle offense.

I have played (to some degree) every NBA 2K dating back to the Dreamcast...I played that first one like crazy. I didn't get into NBA 2K11 that much, but I recognize it as a stellar game.

I do however, feel qualified to comment on a DEMO of a game. I'm not reviewing it, nor offering a score. I think it will a great game. I simply offered my 5 paragraphs worth of opinion...framed with the knowledge that my impressions will be most based on presentation, graphics, and the demo content.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #58
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Of course I love positive words about the game I'm about to buy in the week. And I'm certain I'm going to love this game barring some sort of glitch-crisis, but there were some solid points made in various regards during that roundtable. For instance, when Caley Roark mentioned the awkward twitching during zoomed in warm ups, I could definitely relate. And I'm certainly not insinuating this is some sort of game-breaking feature. However, I will be very relieved when the day comes and that random twitchiness of players has been mostly removed.

And from a personal standpoint, I feel like I've seen a couple post moves featuring the obvious changing of pivot feet. As in, some times I got the feeling the new post engine is so robust with possibilities the pivot logic wasn't able to entirely keep up. Thankfully, again, I feel there's going to be 5,600 things I'll love about this game in comparison to the few things I don't, but the bad things still exist, so I can respect when someone points them out. Elsewise, a lot of the words from these guys had to do with the demo itself and how it varied from the actual game.
I'm glad you know what I'm referring to, in regards to the twitchiness. I think just about every 2K game has had this to some degree. I remember play MLB 2K(some year) and seeing a catcher dive for a ball, then instantly switch direction to make a tag at the plate.

This stuff is in EA games too...especially football. Sometimes in Madden it looks ilke a guy is running toward the bench like he has to answer the phone, then quick switch to meandering around like he's lost.

These aren't game killers by any stretch, and I think, like you said, most people will be talking about the great aspects of 2K12.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I agree with him. Passing is off, it feels like the ball has no weight and floats in the air.
that's what i was saying in the demo thread. passing looks horrible this year! that bugs me, because most of my time is spent in my player and crew as point guard passing the ball. i thought 2k11's passing was really good, but from what i've seen, this seems to be a big step down.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #60
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
that's what i was saying in the demo thread. passing looks horrible this year! that bugs me, because most of my time is spent in my player and crew as point guard passing the ball. i thought 2k11's passing was really good, but from what i've seen, this seems to be a big step down.
It will be better at retail, 2k came here and said it was a coding issues that was fixed in a later stage of development.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
It will be better at retail, 2k came here and said it was a coding issues that was fixed in a later stage of development.
really? awesome. could you maybe link me to where they said that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #62
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
2K has been using the 4-minute, 1 quarter, no playcall demo for a few years now. I don't know why anyone was expecting anything different.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #63
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Let this be clear

You can disagree all day, retort the sayings all you want

...but you simply CANNOT bash any member of this site
Old 09-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #64
Rookie

You have to understand the game & played the to know that 2k has really improved the game.... I'm enjoying the demo cause I know it's not the final product...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »