Home

NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
A lot of people are complaining about the demo, but the demo is just merely there to demonstrate some of the improvements of the game. It's not intended to surrender everything that the product, in this case the game, has imporved on. It also is leaving the customer with a little bit of a eager factor. I was tweeting with this guy and he told me that he couldn't even play the demo after he downloaded it because the final build is so much better. If thats the case this game is going to be bananas because the demo is nice. Yo the game is going to be rediculous, bottom line!!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable

Jayson Young: "NBA 2K12 seems to focus too much on the flash and glamour of basketball and not enough on the sport's fundamentals."

wtf

i think there's no 1 other sport game that is more fundamentals-oriented than 2k12.. from the players side to the coaching side...
Old 09-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Boogie3
A lot of people are complaining about the demo, but the demo is just merely there to demonstrate some of the improvements of the game. It's not intended to surrender everything that the product, in this case the game, has imporved on. It also is leaving the customer with a little bit of a eager factor. I was tweeting with this guy and he told me that he couldn't even play the demo after he downloaded it because the final build is so much better. If thats the case this game is going to be bananas because the demo is nice. Yo the game is going to be rediculous, bottom line!!
Except 2k's demos don't do that, 2k's demo don't do the full retail version justice, if I didn't check this site out or read any of the insights I would be disappointed in 2k based off the demo. Like I know someone who was complaining about it, like the demo brought in doubt i whether they should make the purpose.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
Rookie

dukedude24's Arena

OVR: 8

didn't really care much about their opinions except Dustin's.....

since Dustin actually played a more updated version.....

sounds like the final version will be much much better than the demo.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 17
Definitely not understanding the "NBA 2K12 seems to focus too much on the flash and glamour of basketball and not enough on the sport's fundamentals." statement. In my opinion that is far from the truth, especially when I look at the work 2K has put into improving the playcalling system on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
He likes that arcade ball.
Yep, no accounting for taste. This is a demo that has it's own media thread

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #23
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Sorry Jayson Young, Nobody not even Jason Kidd zips Justin Verlander passes in basketball, It may have some pep in it but a huge basketball will loft on you, Just try it when you go play pick up ball...
Old 09-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Except 2k's demos don't do that, 2k's demo don't do the full retail version justice, if I didn't check this site out or read any of the insights I would be disappointed in 2k based off the demo. Like I know someone who was complaining about it, like the demo brought in doubt i whether they should make the purpose.
the demo did show improvements from how much more smooth the game looks, post moves, pull up jump shots. It's a lot of improvements

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »