Home

Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

This is a discussion on Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2011, 04:36 AM   #49
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmongTheFearless
NHL 2K, this is your chance... you can make your NHL game as good as if not better than your NBA game... Don't quit, get it together, regroup, and make an awesome video game. By the way, WTF is going on in that screenshot?!?
Not gonna happen my friend. They weren't making money even when the series was good, due to the cost of making a hockey game and EA sucks all the casual support from them., even back in the day. As much as I wish it would, the reality is the series is DEAD.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #50
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

OVR: 0
Yeah the hipchecking abuse is bad online, but at least this game is better than ncaa 12 which is still way broken in almost every way.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #51
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

I've said it many times and I'll repeat myself. EA are putting things in a game and they always forgot that online is an idiot's nest.

When you play offline, how many times will you glitch goals, abuse the AI or do hipchecks? I guess not many times, since you want realism and in the end, the only person you cheat is yourself.

Online, it's a different story. Seeing people play that game online makes me thing that winning a game rewards you a million dollar and fame for the rest of your life.

A person asking for realism online is the same boat as a person asking for the Florida Panthers to fill their arena each game. Not happening now, not happening in 5 years, and not happening in 25 years!

Every people that goes online should forgot about realism, fair play and dignity. Online, especially the EASHL is the place to be showed up, exploited, make fun at and in the end, having a great time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #52
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stew514
There are exploits, like always goals and ******** animations. However the hip check essentially lets you have 99 checking without wasting a single point in strength, and no amount of balance can help you regardless of how slightly they brush you. I can't imagine the EA developers are looking at these highlights and going "well yeah that's how we envisioned it!!!"
I guess that was the same when they tought about boardplay, when they thought about faceoff engine and when they tought about dangling, when they tought about new hitting engine, etc, etc, etc.

There's a slider in the game for AI Learning. Can someone at EA raise the damn sliders for the dev. team so that once for all, they don't look at exhibit A to ZZ how their ideas we're exploited.

It's not like they can say : "Hmm, we didn't expect that!" It was fine with NHL 09, that was the first EASHL year, but since then, come on, give a white wall and a marker to a 2 year old baby and turn away. When you come back, don't say you didn't expect the wall to be full of new baby's art!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2
Having ran into two sets of hip checkers playing in club games is quite aggravating! They also found a way to check you in the netural zone while trying to run down a dump without using the hip check. Please fix this! The game is better then last year IMHO, but this "GLITCH" needs patched.

I also am throwing into the "GLITCH" basket the wonderful Goalie Interference calls that occur when you get checked into the goalie and the shot animations that spin that causes you to bump a goalie that is out of their crease and you get rung up for two minutes.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lanzera as annoying as goalie interference is it has to be called even when accidental, the game can't determine intent. Also I've screwed myself over by checking players into my own goalie and interference wasn't called.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 22
The problem with the HipChk is that it works every time! How did QA miss this? Next time take 4 guys from the top 20 (mainly cheesy exploiters) and let them play the game for a few weeks as QA testers, they will surely find the glitches in no time. Hip checks in NHL12 are utter crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 22
2K should make a hockey game with Natural motion, focus on phyiscs that rock and good on ice gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »