Home

Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

This is a discussion on Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
This may be the first time this generation where EA NHL's offline experience is better than the online play.

Trying to play online as a Tough Guy/Grinder/Power Forward/Defensive Defenseman is totally worthless right now since their physical presence is undercut by everybody on the ice being able to hip check, regardless of their height, size, strength or checking attributes.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #34
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
This may be the first time this generation where EA NHL's offline experience is better than the online play.

Trying to play online as a Tough Guy/Grinder/Power Forward/Defensive Defenseman is totally worthless right now since their physical presence is undercut by everybody on the ice being able to hip check, regardless of their height, size, strength or checking attributes.
Psst...

It was always better. Online has been filled with douchebags for a long time.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 9
This glitch really ruins online play. I've played 10 games online and it's been abused every single game. Haven't touched online since. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be able go fix this via patch. I, like others believed they nailed the other "hitting" aspects of the game, this hip check really just ruins the efforts made in other parts of the gameplay.
If we could have hip checks like last years game, I'd be 1 happy camper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #36
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

Quick fix:

Remove it, remap the control to be slashing for example. Game would be so much better without the hipcheck...
Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #37
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus
Psst...

It was always better. Online has been filled with douchebags for a long time.
Dbags > AI
Old 09-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 8

im never impressed with the demo. and i seen this coming and now its really happening. oh well. ea sports its in the game. smh.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #39
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Hip checks aren't a big issue in 1v1. In 5v5 I can see it being an issue because the offense can drop 4 defenders at once with it and not get called for a penalty.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0
I wouldn't disagree if they found a way to tone it down a bit, but by no means is it ruining my experience with the game. It's really most useful only against guys with absolutely no skill with the sticks. If you know how to skate, you can neutralize hip checks and even take advantage of the guys that do them too much. I have over 65 games played on the EASHL and I think it's a good tool. It's completely ineffective and even a liability against good skilled players. Have you ever noticed how hard it is to hip check a CPU skater? Yeah it's not "realistic," but it's not ruining anything for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »