Home

FIFA 12 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Demo Roundtable within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 12 Demo Roundtable

Our very own Caley Roark, Jayson Young, Kelvin Mak, and Dustin Toms check in today with their thoughts on the FIFA 12 Demo. Check out their thoughts and let us know yours!

Read More - FIFA 12 Demo Roundtable
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Really? Has anyone of these fine reviewers played PES 2012?

FIFA looks great but has nowhere near the depth of play as PES 2012. In FIFA you really can't tell the difference between teams, and there is no real strategic passing. The players are very passive and, like one roundtable reviewer said, it really is 1 vs. 11. It is a good game, but I don't think it's great. Graphics alone is increasingly not enough to carry a $60 title.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Dear Editors and writers for Operation Sports,

I hope I don't sound condescending, but have you played Pro Evolution Soccer?
Make whatever assumptions you want, but it would seem that the journalistic approach is to look at both sides of the competition. The editor for my paper would fire me if I failed to get both sides of a story. I do hope that you are going to do a roundtable for PES as well.

It also doesn't look very beneficial to have people who openly admit to not playing a soccer game for several years because that'd be like me trying to give my opinion on the newest Rugby World Cup game.

It frustrates me when we complain about a lack of competition in other video game sports like Madden or NCAA football, yet when we have a great competition in this genre, we do not even give both games a proper look-over.

Last edited by EvanRG; 09-19-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA 12 Demo Roundtable

You do indeed sound quite condescending, as you (and others) have in the demo impressions thread of late. We get it, you don't like FIFA and prefer PES. Simple enough and leave it at that. There's no need to talk down to those who don't share your opinion or to challenge others to prove you wrong (that was someone else, I know).

The part that I find amusing is many people in the soccer forums here are fond of both games to some extent, myself included. As I've said in other threads in the past few days, any attempt to create two camps to butt heads for supremacy is not going to happen.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
It's not JUST graphics alone. You also get several hundred real teams. I owned both games in 2011, and like both for their own areas (Fifa - graphics, depth of teams, personally found the play to be more fluid and less robotic, and PES for depth of mode in dynasty/master league, customization). But it's certainly not just graphics that are better on FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1
Ugh, forget PES, it still plays like digital football. The game speed is way too fast. There's nothing major that you can say has changed in PES. In FIFA, however, the new collision system and the radically improved defense are major improvements. If you really want to judge the game, play on Legendary. You can't just pass forward and run all the time. You're gonna have to be smarter than that. I wold criticise the short direct passing though. It's a bit slow.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: FIFA 12 Demo Roundtable

I have seen prior news articles here about PES 2012 so I know that OS does report about it but I still haven't seen an official "Demo is out" post from OS about the PES 2012 demo. Also there hasn't been an article on PES 2012 for almost a month. I think that is what has some people irritated. I think instead of a FIFA only roundtable it should have been a comparison of both games' pros & cons.

My question is will there be an article focusing on PES 2012 so it gets equal time for discussion or not?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
I too would like some more articles about PES. A Roundtable look at it would be very interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »