Home

NHL 12 Reviewer: Career/Dynasty Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Reviewer: Career/Dynasty Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Rookie

spartyon6686's Arena

OVR: 10
I don't like that I switch shifts every two minutes exactly though.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0
GM mode is exactly the same as has it been for the past 3 years! Still not able to hire/fire coaches, still the same boring cumbersome menus. Typical EA Sports. They spend all that time on a gimmick mode like Be a Legend trying to recreate the magic of 2k's Jordan Challenge, fail miserably at it and they leave the mode which most people play completely unchanged! The graphics and player models are starting to look outdated, commentary is getting stale. This games saving grace is its on ice action which thankfully is one of the most realistic in all of sports games.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 12 Reviewer: Career/Dynasty Impressions

Quote:
This games saving grace is its on ice action which thankfully is one of the most realistic in all of sports games.
Do you watch hockey? This is hardly realistic in ALOT of respects. Skaters don't start, stop, and spin like this in the NHL. Players aren't able to put the puck on net no matter which way they are facing and with the same velocity. The game is generally much sloppier than it EVER is on this game. That said, it's a fun game for sure, but not one of the most realisitic. That honor probably goes to the NBA 2K series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Do you watch hockey? This is hardly realistic in ALOT of respects. Skaters don't start, stop, and spin like this in the NHL. Players aren't able to put the puck on net no matter which way they are facing and with the same velocity. The game is generally much sloppier than it EVER is on this game. That said, it's a fun game for sure, but not one of the most realisitic. That honor probably goes to the NBA 2K series.
Not only do I watch it but I played it at every level (pee wee, high school, college and semi pro). No video game is perfectly like the real thing, but NHL series is as close to its real sport as any other game i've played (and from the reviews so far I'm not alone in saying that) Much sloppier??? What game are you playing? This is the most refined the game has ever been from the way the puck actually rolls on end and enters the net more fluidly and naturally. The way players actually battle for the puck in the crease. EA nailed so many of the small things that are present in a real life hockey game. And perhaps the best part of this game is the Goalie play, for the first time they actually play like goalies. Tim Thomas plays his wild man style of hockey diving all over the place and coming out of the net to make highlight reel saves.

So NBA 2K is realistic? I was able to hit 28 straight 3 pointers in a game with JJ Redick, I averaged 7 steals a game with my point guard over the course of a season. NBA 2k is fun but its far from realistic. It is entirely to easy to miss a layup in this game. Every AI defender is amazing, I found it funny that the worst point guards in the game can play lockdown D like Gary Payton. Loose ball situations are even more of a disaster as the ball is rolling away and every players is just standing by watching it. What 2k does amazing is the presentation there is no other sports game on the market that feels more like an actual broadcast except maybe The Show.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL 12 Reviewer: Career/Dynasty Impressions

We don't need a "what's the most realistic game" discussion in this thread and it's far too subjective to begin with. Besides, everyone knows Mutant League Hockey is the most realistic hockey game EVER.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #14
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
We don't need a "what's the most realistic game" discussion in this thread and it's far too subjective to begin with. Besides, everyone knows Mutant League Hockey is the most realistic hockey game EVER.
Especially subjective when your talking to EA or 2K fanboys who are blind to the world outside of their cult. But hell yea Mutant League Hockey!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »