Home

NBA 2K Is the Champ

This is a discussion on NBA 2K Is the Champ within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 12
Great write up.

The developers at 2K really get it when it comes to basketball.

This and The Show set the standard for next gen sports titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #66
Banned

volsfan74's Arena

OVR: 1
I've been playing 2k basketball since the commercial with Tracey Morgan and Ben Wallace. I've never plyed Live since and I'm waiting for the day when the 2k can get back to producing a real college or pro football game with all the naming rights. I love the commentary on 2K11. I felt like Clark Kellogg was watching the game over my shoulder. Kudos for the VC crew for trying new concepts and tweaking concepts that needed to be improved. Can't wait for 2k12!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #67
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K Is the Champ

Nicely crafted piece on the downfall and subsequent rise of Visual Concepts as the premier sports developers over the last few years. Funny how all the past chatter on the boards relating to 2K needing a "new engine", or 2K still using "PS2 tech" on the next gen consoles, which would inevitably lead to the demise of this great franchise, has been rendered moot. Suffice to say, building on a solid foundation with an emphasis on continuity as well as innovation has vanquished the myth of needing to re-invent the wheel as alluded to in this write up as the "just because" syndrome.

RIP NFL 2K. Time will tell whether you and I will have a rendez-vous with destiny once again. Until then, the Madden boycott continues....

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #68
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
No disrespect to the official signature trailer but the moment that open my eyes to NBA2k was thanks to the trailers made by eDotd and DaCzar themselves. I never watched two trailers so many times before. Still today in my eyes the best fan made trailers I've seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfW0u3IgCCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArZ1W-KHSE
Walk up anis......

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 09-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

Great write up, couldn't agree more. Man I remember the first time I saw that NBA2K7 momentous trailer, my mouth dropped, so excited. Then I remember I was in Best Buy and that had NBA2K7 playing on the XBOX360 in the store when it was released, I was amazed how that game looked, from that year on NBA2K has dominated.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #70
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
I completely agree about what he said about the 2k7demo. I remember from the moment i downloaded the demo until the game came out that is all I would play. Like Chase said the game doesn't hold up today but at the time it was easily the best basketball game available. I find it amazing how much 2k has improved since 2k7 especially in the signature style department. I love seeing how much they can mimic the on court moves and looks of players. I also agree that 2k is one of, if not, the best sports game at catering to both casual and hardcore fans. I consider myself a hardcore basketball fan and I love the fact that I can play the game against my roommates and have fun games.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #71
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
gotta add that this article is exactly why I love the 2k franchise. most of the yearly updates are to please the fans and not the "just because" changes Chase talks about. 2k actually listens to the fans on the 2k and OS forums. They take advice from people like DaCzar who knows basketball and knows what the game needs to become better. gameplay is refined to make a better game not to add a gimmick to say "hey look what we changed/added this year. Buy our game!" The Legends is the closest thing to a gimmick since the Shot Stick (which I think was a great innovation) and even the Legends is something that die hard basketball fans have wanted for years. After reading this I honestly feel like going and paying off my reserve for the game right now lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 7
I miss NFL 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »