Home

Fact or Fiction: Madden 12 Demo Edition

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: Madden 12 Demo Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
I honestly never understood the complete infatuation people have for the halftime and weekly highlight shows. From the very little I ever played of that game I maybe watched it the first couple times and then kept skipping it. I'm positive that I'm in the minority here but of all the things I'd like to see added to madden, highlight shows are near the bottom of my list.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Fact or Fiction: Madden 12 Demo Edition

On the demo "normal" speed feels hectic, players slide/skate all over the field. The game feels much better on the "slow" speed, players feel like they have weight, and you see more of the animations vs just a flash.

I like the passing, I think many are too accustomed to the free for the Madden 11 passing game was. The windows vs zone defenses close quick! You have to throw it before the receiver is open (anticipating the throws). In the demo gone are the days of waiting to hit the "open receiver" between defenders, you can split them but you don't have all day to make the throw anymore.

The presentation is far from what sets the standard for me, which is NFL 2K5. Game was $20 dollars, and was the most impressive game I've played from a presentation stand-point, it's almost become mythic in the sense younger gamers can't appreciate good presentation because they never experienced something as deep as 2K5's.

The final build is almost always above and beyond the demo, I look to a great year of Madden, even with it's legacy issues. OLF's and OLC's will keep me happy until it's time to do all of this again.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Always a polarizing topic, really. And "Madden feeling like Madden" is not necessarily a bad thing. Tecmo Bowl feels like Tecmo Bowl, and it worked well for the franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
I thin the presentation will really be held back tremendously by the outdated commentary system that the game uses, but even with that what EA added this year is a tremendous step in the right direction for the Madden series. I'm looking forward to this game.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
(Presentation being where it needs to be question)

I think EA did good in improving this year. I love the new camera angles and all.......but all three of these guys hit the nail dead on its head in these answers.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
I thin the presentation will really be held back tremendously by the outdated commentary system that the game uses, but even with that what EA added this year is a tremendous step in the right direction for the Madden series. I'm looking forward to this game.
I always turn off commentary anyways. I like to do play by play in my head.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
"The passing game is the weakest part of the gameplay."

Fiction.....................It is the underdeveloped dynamic that happens when pass blockers and pass rushers make contact with each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I don't think it's fair to trash the commentary as part of the presentation until you get the retail version. I think the presentation is pretty good and a nice step forward.

I like the Slow version of the demo. The players feel and move really nice at that speed. It feels a lot smoother than NCAA.

Passing feels good although EA really needs to add route based passing if they want to make it more realistic. It will open up the outside passing plays.

The demo is certainly a really good step in the right direction. I'm trying to keep my expectations down but this could be the first Madden in a long time that I play significantly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »