Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

i cant wait for 2k12!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
WRONG...i always play the CPU on Sim/Hall of Fame (hardest settings), and still manage to win by 15+ most games (and i turn the CPU's defensive awareness and steal sliders up to 100 just for the challenge).

my online record is 148-9 (but 7 of those losses were b.s. connection drops where i was given a loss when i was winning). so, technically my online record is 155-2....don't judge people before you know the facts.

the key to not throwing bad passes in 2k11 is to use icon lead passing to move your receivers away from their defenders as they catch...this ensures you won't get the ball stolen or tipped...another key is to not hold turbo when you pass...holding turbo makes your player throw bad passes. if you follow these rules, you will find that the passing usually works perfectly without the need for "passing control".

i don't have a problem with 2k adding some type of passing control, but i don't think the "hold, tap, double tap" scheme is the right way to do it, becuase it would probably cause a delay to the passing animations as the game tries to process whether you held the button or tapped it...a better solution would be to maybe use the triggers as pass modifiers...like maybe if you are holding the right trigger your player will throw a bounce pass, but if you don't hold the right trigger it would be a chest or lob pass.
Riiight, if you say so,but the post entry passes alone should make you want to be able to decide which pass you want. Not to mention the pick and roll situations.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 11
yup,the post entry sucks sometimes,and when the game is close its a definite controller throwing moment...its one of those things that makes u feel like u were robbed..

and its not always bad passes that create tipped passes and what not,its players with their backs turned miraculously knowing when to put their hands up for a steal...right now there is really nothing that makes steve nash stand out over a random rookie point when it comes to passing.jason kidd,steve nash,cp3 should all feel head and shoulders above most pgs passing wise,the fact that they dont shows us we arent yet where we wanna be in the pass control category
Old 08-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks Dawolf, really appreciate your personal insight on your gaming experience with 2k12. I could not really see in the videos, but do the player you controlling still get in a defensive stance everytime you pass by an offensive player if you are not pressing the sprint trigger? Hope you understand what I am trying to ask, lol. In 2K11, if you attempted to just run up court without sprinting, your player would constantly stop and get in that defensive stance if you ran by someone...
Old 08-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 8

Didn't read the posts, but I would assume this was an old build of the game. I recall reading that passing the ball wouldn't be such a pain this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »