Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

It's about control. And passing is a big part of creating chances, your argument almost go to the extent why have a layup or dunk modifier, just let the situation and tendencies of the player sort what he does. And most other sports games have modifiers for passing and you dont miss the button when u have to use it, it becomes second nature after a while.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
wow great vids. definitely pre-ordering this game with the magic cover. like the new jumpshots, and the physics. ball seems more free, an players mommentum looks better too.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #51
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Knickerbocker i agree with you. thats why i said it should be an option. but like the lay up or dunk modifiers I rarely use them. Because sometimes they put me into dunks that i dint expect so to prevent that I just presss The shoot button with the sped burst to dunk so they can choose the right dunk for the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #52
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
nice impressions and thanks for everything DaWolf pre-ordered mine already and can't wait till this game comes out. Hopefully there will be some passing options when the game is released.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #53
Pro

Wallofhate, in case you dont press the shotstick for the dunk, the left stick becomes the modifier. So the AI chooses nothing you just use the other stick to modify it. So if you are running towards the basket and dunk it's as if you would have pushed the right stick forward.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #54
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
It's about control. And passing is a big part of creating chances, your argument almost go to the extent why have a layup or dunk modifier, just let the situation and tendencies of the player sort what he does. And most other sports games have modifiers for passing and you dont miss the button when u have to use it, it becomes second nature after a while.
that's why the obvious solution is to just make it an option you can turn on and off...if they just offer both ways (the traditional "auto pass" and the new "pass control") then everyone's happy.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
that's why the obvious solution is to just make it an option you can turn on and off...if they just offer both ways (the traditional "auto pass" and the new "pass control") then everyone's happy.
Yep, like total control passing this year. I agree completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #56
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

I think passing modifications could be done quite easily. I know it's too late now, but:

L-Trigger + Pass button = alley oop or lob pass (depending on the situation). It's actually sorta like this now.

Quick tap = fake pass

regular tap = normal pass

holding pass button = bounce pass

R Trigger should be able to modify any of these passes and make them fancier or with flair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »