Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #41
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

Oh yeah. Isomotion's much more achieved this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #42
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
With NBA 2K11, I felt certain elements of the game were better pre-patch than post-patch, such as jump shooting and isomotion. As long as NBA 2K12 comes close to that, it will be fine in my opinion. Like others have said, I would love to see pressure sensitive passing make a return: tap for a lob/overhead pass, hold for a chest pass, with an option to modify that into a bounce pass.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #43
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Like others have said, I would love to see pressure sensitive passing make a return: tap for a lob/overhead pass, hold for a chest pass, with an option to modify that into a bounce pass.
i'm cool with it, BUT only if we have the option to turn it off. i would actually prefer the "old way" and just let the game pick the type of pass, because the passes are more responsive that way, and i wouldn't have to stop an think about the type of pass i want to make every time...with 2k improving the passing animations and pass logic this year, i don't think i will even feel the need to choose my pass type (heck, i didn't feel the need last year, so with the passing improved even more this year, i'll be even more happy to let the game decide the pass type for me)...when i have to make a lightning quick decision, i don't want the delay of having to choose my pass type (delay from myself, or from the game delaying it while processing the various button presses).

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-20-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i'm cool with it, BUT only if we have the option to turn it off. i would actually prefer the "old way" and just let the game pick the type of pass, because the passes are more responsive that way, and i wouldn't have to stop an think about the type of pass i want to make every time...with 2k improving the passing animations and pass logic this year, i don't think i will even feel the need to choose my pass type (heck, i didn't feel the need last year, so with the passing improved even more this year, i'll be even more happy to let the game decide the pass type for me)...when i have to make a lightning quick decision, i don't want the delay of having to choose my pass type (delay from myself, or from the game delaying it while processing the various button presses).
This post tells me one of three things, either you aren't very good at the game, didn't play against others/on a challenging difficulty level or the people you play against aren't very good at the game.

There are sooo many instances where passing control is needed that it boggles my mind you never once felt the addition was needed.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 17

Still no feedback if the offensive boards were fixed. That would give a totaly new dimension to the game, right now good rebounders are not really needed. Just think of some Bulls games when they had around 20 offensive rebounds, thats a game changer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
This post tells me one of three things, either you aren't very good at the game, didn't play against others/on a challenging difficulty level or the people you play against aren't very good at the game.

There are sooo many instances where passing control is needed that it boggles my mind you never once felt the addition was needed.
I dont like the lack of passing controls either, but icon passing is more than fuctional. How can you assume his skill level just because of his opinion on pass controls.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #47
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus

WRONG...i always play the CPU on Sim/Hall of Fame (hardest settings), and still manage to win by 15+ most games (and i turn the CPU's defensive awareness and steal sliders up to 100 just for the challenge).

my online record is 148-9 (but 7 of those losses were b.s. connection drops where i was given a loss when i was winning). so, technically my online record is 155-2....don't judge people before you know the facts.

the key to not throwing bad passes in 2k11 is to use icon lead passing to move your receivers away from their defenders as they catch...this ensures you won't get the ball stolen or tipped...another key is to not hold turbo when you pass...holding turbo makes your player throw bad passes. if you follow these rules, you will find that the passing usually works perfectly without the need for "passing control".

i don't have a problem with 2k adding some type of passing control, but i don't think the "hold, tap, double tap" scheme is the right way to do it, becuase it would probably cause a delay to the passing animations as the game tries to process whether you held the button or tapped it...a better solution would be to maybe use the triggers as pass modifiers...like maybe if you are holding the right trigger your player will throw a bounce pass, but if you don't hold the right trigger it would be a chest or lob pass.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-20-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #48
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I completey agree with blues rocker! Why map the passing to a series of buttons where most of us no matter novice or the extremely experienced are going to try to make split decisions and hit the wrong buttons rushing. I mean im all gor having the option but I dont see it really necessary. Most of us want a simulation of sports so why not leave passing to the ratings and the player being used? J Kidd passes arent gonna be the same as C Billups! Why not let their tendacies and ratings dictate that? Some players just cant make the passes that the "elite" players can. Thats what makes the game feel more real and true to life using a team for their strengths and overcoming their weaknesses not just leaving it to who pushes the buttons on time! Learn basketball and the buttons not just have it be like street fighter or mortal kombat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »