Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On From Gamescom (DaWolf)

DaWolf, do u know if the shots still look like they double clutch? that was always a pet peeve in 2k.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #34
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I actually think all of the dudes who came in here calling Da Wolf a liar need to give him an apology

BUT HEY, THATS JUST my opinion
Old 08-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #35
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I have to admit I'm geeked especially hearing Steve Kerr was correctly implanted can't wait.
steve kerr might be the best thing i read lol. Loved in on tv and the Live series. this will definitely up the presentations and make the announcers feel fresh.

Im disappointed to here there is still no manual bounce passes and to be honest I thought I made up the fact that they were in 2k7 because they have been left out of the games for so long. Lack of control over passes is one of the biggest problems because you never know what kind of pass will be thrown. I can understand if i pass to the wrong person but there are times that I pass to an open man and the ball is not passed properly, whether it is a bad pass or a pass that doesnt get there quick enough. Hopefully 2k will announce new pass controls or logic later on. Besides passing, and the movement seeming to be untouched, the game should be solid. I just hope there are enough improvements to keep this game fresh for a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 10

Any word on rebounding?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #37
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
trapping defense is weak in this game...how is it this year? do we still have to wait for the double team animation to kick in?
Goffs honestly I will wait to play it again before I answer this one. I know for certain the cpu's traps work and work well. I can't remember any specific instance of me trapping them so I won't speculate on that part.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #38

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
a job well done Da_wolf they should have u on payroll....haha
hoping Da_Czar shines some light on the improvements in his videos if he does them alright.so far the shooting news is very interesting to me..hope floaters works better and have a better % hits...nba 2k11 floaters were just clumsy and ineffective....
Floaters work like they should to me this year. I couldn't REALLY use them last year. I mean I could but not like I wanted to. This year the control for them just makes sense and you can pull them off in tight spaces.

1 thing to games change during the development process. I am only describing the game I played a month or so ago. So if they changed something between then and now obviously I am not privy to that. So keep everything I'm telling you in that light. Things may have changed.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #39

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
steve kerr might be the best thing i read lol. Loved in on tv and the Live series. this will definitely up the presentations and make the announcers feel fresh.

Im disappointed to here there is still no manual bounce passes and to be honest I thought I made up the fact that they were in 2k7 because they have been left out of the games for so long. Lack of control over passes is one of the biggest problems because you never know what kind of pass will be thrown. I can understand if i pass to the wrong person but there are times that I pass to an open man and the ball is not passed properly, whether it is a bad pass or a pass that doesnt get there quick enough. Hopefully 2k will announce new pass controls or logic later on. Besides passing, and the movement seeming to be untouched, the game should be solid. I just hope there are enough improvements to keep this game fresh for a year.
Scottyp not sure what exactly you mean by movement so what I'm saying may not relate but movement did get refined this year.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #40
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Scottyp not sure what exactly you mean by movement so what I'm saying may not relate but movement did get refined this year.
yea. You can clearly see from the videos that movement and isomotion is much more precise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »