Home

NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #233
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

Heh, if the Shaq-Kobe Lakers are in, we can do the Shaw-Shaq Redemption (the Lakeshow version of the Coop-A-Loop).

- Michael Jordan
Old 08-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #234
Pro

OVR: 3

I don`t care about current rosters and everytime I play NBA 2k I simulate an 80`s or 90`s league.
When 2k11 was released I was so happy because there were many players from the past.
So for 2k12, here is my list of 80`s and 90`s teams (I`ll just leave 12 teams, because I`m assuming the three other spots will belong to 60`s and 70`s teams):

82-83 76`rs
85-86 celtics
86-87 lakers
87-88 hawks
88-89 cavs
88-89 pistons
89-90 blazers
90-91 bulls
92-93 suns
93-94 rockets
94-95 magic
95-96 sonics
96-97 jazz

Well, I listed 13 teams, not 12... anyway, hope all of these are in the game!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #235
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I feel like this was glazed over, but how exactly are the final 10 matchups going to be decided? Did I read somewhere that there's just a loose "skeleton structure" and it'll be up to us the consumers to decide? How in the world will that go down? Or did I just make that up in a dream?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #236
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm not sure either. I mean, they definitely need the rights to put retired players in the game. It's not like they can just call whoever they want (a month before the game is done) and they magically appear in the game. It's locating players, getting rights, creating their faces etc.. This is why I think they already have pretty much everyone they want. They have probably "guessed" what teams/players people would want to play with.

Either way, it's not like if your favorite classic team isn't there you're not gonna buy it. I'm sure some here say they wouldn't, but how many of them really mean it?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 AM   #237
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Hey how about some Bob Petit's St. Louis Hawks, Joe Fulks, Paul Arizin, Tom Gola's Philadelphia Warriors, Dolph Schayes' Syracuse Nationals, and Oscar Robertson and Jerry Lucas' Cincinatti Royals for some old old school teams besides the obvious Russell Celtics etc.?
I would love to see my grandfather in a basketball game (Joe Fulks). I doubt he'll be in, he's a legend but probably not one the greatest legends that would be in this game, even though he was one of the first. 99% of the people that play the game havn't even heard of him I'm betting.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #238
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRiser32
I would love to see my grandfather in a basketball game (Joe Fulks). I doubt he'll be in, he's a legend but probably not one the greatest legends that would be in this game, even though he was one of the first. 99% of the people that play the game havn't even heard of him I'm betting.
Cool! I found him on Basketball Reference. Pretty good stats too, at least in PPG

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...fulksjo01.html

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 2

yea his FG% sucked but he scored 63 in a game in 1949 which wasnt broken till Elgin broke it 10 years later, then wilt with 100. If you want a good read about basketball Kyoto then read 8 men who shook the world of basketball.

Last edited by HighRiser32; 08-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #240
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRiser32
It's funny, I was actually just reading about Jumpin' Joe Fulks last night (no joke). I just started reading Free Darko's Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History and when discussing the early years of the NBA, Fulks' name obviously came up. They spoke of the same fact you mentioned, how he'd dropped 63, which was the high until Baylor came through.

And yeah, I bet it'll be a tough get to slide him into the game this year. However, my hope is that with the inclusion of at least some classic teams from around that era (and with the inclusion of true short shorts and other retro accessories), it may become easier for 2K consumers to replicate these times. Just as we had a ton of folks combine to create classic teams throughout the 80's, 90's, and '00's in 2K11, I'm hopeful we'll be able to dip a little bit deeper into the past for 2K12.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-08-2011 at 01:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »