Home

NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #225
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEtheSHOWlio
this is gonna be SICK, Apposed to having Dr J, Hakeem Olajuwan, Magic n Kareem and Jordan and Bird...They should bring back Dominique Wilkins for his matchup with Bird, leave out Karl Malone n Stockton cuz they were pretty borring to play with on 2k11...they should pick up Maybe the Early 2001 Lakers with Shaq in his prime along with young Afro Kobe, or maybe even stick in the 90s magic with Young Shaq and penny Hardaway...throw in some Reggie Miller and Stick in a young Wilt Chamberlain before the BEARD. Charles Barkely would be cool and maybe even a young KG going against the Kings with Chris Webber..and dont forget Allen Iverson...yu know how many 2K covers he's been on? He held 2K on his BACK at the begining of the 2k Franchise . A young TMac from the Magic would be pointless cuz they never got anywhere but would be cool to play with him or a young Raptor in VC....
I disagree utah jazz was the most difficult team to win with no athletic players malone is undersized to the garnets and duncans and other long athletic power forwards so you had to play fundamental basketball to win with the jazz like in real life.
so I would like jazz back it's something different taking another approach to win games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amra01
I disagree utah jazz was the most difficult team to win with no athletic players malone is undersized to the garnets and duncans and other long athletic power forwards so you had to play fundamental basketball to win with the jazz like in real life.
so I would like jazz back it's something different taking another approach to win games.
yeah thats actually truee, good****
Old 08-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #227
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I was tempted to pass on 2K12 thinking I could get a lot more out of 2K11 especially with a lockout... but this makes it oh so tempting, AS LONG AS they put the teams I hope they do. I skimmed this thread, but I see no mention of Patrick Ewing. You've got to snag one of those 90's Knicks teams in my opinion. Hopefully they don't double on teams. I saw someone mention a recent Shaq/Kobe Lakers team... really? They can't include everything, but there are many great players that I'd love to see and play as.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #228
Rookie

if they got the 60's era in the game then they need to put eaither wilts 100 point game or one of wilts 50 rebound games
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #229
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
i would like to see shaq's magic make the cut.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #230
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K12: The NBA's Greatest Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Bill Russell
Wilt
The Dream
Jerry West
Bob Cousy
John Havlicek
Shaq
Baylor

You guys think we will get their dribble animation from the 60's?
yessssir i was thinking about that too homie
Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #231
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I was tempted to pass on 2K12 thinking I could get a lot more out of 2K11 especially with a lockout... but this makes it oh so tempting, AS LONG AS they put the teams I hope they do. I skimmed this thread, but I see no mention of Patrick Ewing. You've got to snag one of those 90's Knicks teams in my opinion. Hopefully they don't double on teams. I saw someone mention a recent Shaq/Kobe Lakers team... really? They can't include everything, but there are many great players that I'd love to see and play as.
I'd be surprised to not see the Knicks. With the '95 club being in last year's iteration, and with the inclusion of the '94 Rockets this year (New York's NBA Finals opponent), the classic Knicks seem primed for another appearance.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't mind a classic Shaq/Kobe Lakers team. On one hand, this team can be assembled pretty well by us on our own (players like Bryant, AC Green, Robert Horry, Ron Harper and Derek Fisher will probably already be in the game and the Staples Center has the same court art as it did back then). But on the other hand, there is a part of me that'd like to see 2K deliver a prime Shaquille O'Neal player package. It seems just as 2K was developing their signature packages, Shaq was on the decline, so his dunks weren't quite as Shaq-like in 2K as we'd expect (and rightfully so). It'd be cool to see him with a real arsenal. Also, a young, fro'd Kobe Bryant wouldn't be too shabby either.

I'm not even a Lakers guy, but I think it'd be fun to relive. With the inclusion of the '02 Kings, a 2000's Lakers team seems logical. Though, I feel what you mean. That feeling of, "I hope they don't include a recent classic team in lieu of a real classic team." I've decided I'm probably just going to be cool with whatever they throw at me. It's all a bonus. Plus, as I mentioned, it probably wouldn't be too hard for 2K to make a '00 Lakers team with so many things already accounted for (jerseys, arena, court art, many players).

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-06-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #232
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Hmmm, playing as Brian Shaw, John Salley and Glen Rice on the Lakers... yea, a 99-00 Lakers team or somewhere in that range would be ok, even as a Blazers fan. Since it isn't all about Jordan, I guess there is no guarantee that they use the '91 Lakers; probably go back further. I was taking that into account. Why have two teams 10 years apart? But if they go back to the 80's, then I think I could live with it depending on who else makes the cut. The Celtics are probably going to get 2 teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »