Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #801
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Anyone know of a Pre-Trade Deadline or just an updated roster with recent trades in? Just got done with my last chise and would like to start one with updated rosters.
i highly doubt it since Knight said he's not doing a post-trade deadline roster update this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #802
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey guys. Please dont laugh at this but i am new to playstation and mlb the show and this thread. I am in love with the game and i just want to know what is the difference between this roster and the one that automatically updates on the game. From reading all the thankyous its obvious how much time was put in, i was just curious are the differences like their batting attributes etc. or more to do with the minor leagues? If someone could explain to me a little simply i would really appreciate it. Have a great days guys!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #803
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp24
hey guys. Please dont laugh at this but i am new to playstation and mlb the show and this thread. I am in love with the game and i just want to know what is the difference between this roster and the one that automatically updates on the game. From reading all the thankyous its obvious how much time was put in, i was just curious are the differences like their batting attributes etc. or more to do with the minor leagues? If someone could explain to me a little simply i would really appreciate it. Have a great days guys!
The weekly SCEA updates contain nothing but a few slightly tweaked and sometimes seemingly random attributes, along with up to date transactions. I can't speak for everyone's roster sets, but you can read about the one that I posted by reading this (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042435856) post.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #804
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Bryce Harper being rated too high

I sim about 14 season using Jay19's rosters(only controlled the Nats with training off)

- He regressed about -1 until he eventually became a B OVR bout time he was 24-26 (a couple years he didn't progress or regress at all)

- Played him in AA in his first year (18yrs old) and he put up monster numbers.

- By year 2 he made his debut as a pro (I was planning on sitting him in the minors for about 2-4 years; but the AI put him on the 40 man)

- As a Nat, he struggled to hit above .250 for his first 4 years, 2 out of the 4 years he hit above 20 HR's while blasting only 15/17 in the other 2 years.

- RISP avg was also very low.

- From 19-25 years of age Bryce's numbers were always similar to .250 20HR 67-76 RBI's

- From 26-33 years of age, Bryce switch 2 teams before potentially ending his career as a Yankee...

- Signed on with Bos, traded from Bos to KC and KC traded him to the Bronx bombers and ended up re-signing with the Yankees on a 5 year deal at the age of 33.

- Harper eventually progressed back to the "A" OVR rating in the 7 year span. Attributes were slightly higher than 18 year old Bryce before he started to regress.

- Bryce continued to put up mediocre numbers (played a combine of 129 games in 2 years as a Red Sox due to injury) until he was traded to NY hitting .279 28HR 89 RBI mainly as a Royal.

- At 33, Bryce had the best year of his career during his first full season in pin stripes, winning the AL MVP while hitting .291 43HR 136RBI (led MLB in HR and RBI)

***Bryce was on a AI controlled team with training on (still didn't progress that much) I also switched him to 1st Base when he went to play for KC***

Point is, I wouldn't put too much stock into how the ratings look as long as the players play like they are suppose too...Bryce's low Dis, Vis and Clutch ratings really showed during his early career and eventually was that .290 30+ HR 100+ RBI guy down the road...Sim stats are pretty random (in a good way)

Just .02

Btw, is it safe to keep training on auto post patch? I didn't notice any crazy OVR number (I wasn't really looking tho)

---
- Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-06-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #805
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Re: Bryce Harper being rated too high

I sim about 14 season using Jay19's rosters(only controlled the Nats with training off)

He regressed about -1 until he eventually became a B OVR bout time he was 24-26

Played him in AA in his first year (18yrs old) and he put up monster numbers.

By year 2 he made his debut as a pro (I was planning on sitting him in the minors for about 2-4 years; but the AI out him on the 40 man)

As a Nat, he struggled to hit above .250 for his first 4 years, 2 out if the 4 years he hit above 20 HR's while blasting only 15/17 in the other 2.

Risp avg was also very low.

From 19-25 years of age Bryce's numbers were always similar to .250 20HR 67-76 RBI's

From 26-33 years of age, Bryce switch 2 teams before potentially ending his career as a Yankee...

Signed on with Bos, traded from Bos to KC and KC traded him to the Bronx bombers and ended up re-signing with the Yankees on a 5 year deal at the age of 33.

Harper eventually progressed back to the "A" OVR rating in the 7 year span. Attributes were slightly higher than 18 year old Bryce before he started to regress.

Bryce continued to put up mediocre numbers (played a combine of 129 games in 2 years as a Red Sox due to injury) until he was traded to NY hitting .279 28HR 89 RBI

At 33, Bryce has the best year of his career in his first full season in pin stripes winning the AL MVP hitting .291 43HR 136RBI (led MLB in HR and RBI)

***Bryce was on a AI controlled team with training on (still didn't progress that much) I also switched him to 1st Base when he went to play for KC***

Point is, I wouldn't put too much stock into how the ratings look as long as the players play like they are suppose too...Bryce's low Dis, Vis and Clutch ratings really showed during his early career and eventually was that .290 30+ HR 100+ RBI guy down the road...Sim stats are pretty random (in a good way)

Just .02

Btw, is it safe to keep training on auto post patch? I didn't notice any crazy OVR number (I wasn't really looking tho)

---
- Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
haha Nice. Thanks for posting all of that. It's greatly appreciated.

About the training, I have no idea. I would like to know, as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #806
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have training on auto and I am about to start year 2 in my 1987 franchise.

I have not seen anything funny with overalls at all.

I am also finishing out my 2011 franchise and things seem fine.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #807
Rookie

Just downloaded this roster and it looks great, thanks very much.

One question though, when you say that if i don't use 30 team control, the lineups and rotations will be reset, what exactly do you mean by that? Will the CPU start sending players up/down based on their attributes or are they all going to be replaced by fictional players?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #808
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkj8177622
Just downloaded this roster and it looks great, thanks very much.

One question though, when you say that if i don't use 30 team control, the lineups and rotations will be reset, what exactly do you mean by that? Will the CPU start sending players up/down based on their attributes or are they all going to be replaced by fictional players?
You should check out my update to this set. It's titled "J19v5.78 (OSFMv2OD base)" in the roster vault and it was uploaded August 2. You can read about it here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042435856

The lineups and rotations are reset because of there being 40 players on the 40 man roster. My set has only the 25 man rosters from opening day on the 40 man rosters, so you will not encounter this issue. You just have to add the other 15 players back to the 40 man roster at some point on or after opening day. The spreadsheet that lists these players can be found in my post that I just posted a link to.

If you want to simplify it, just add the 15 players back to each team that you want to add or feel should be added based on them making it to the majors this season because not all of those players who were on their team's opening day rosters remained on they 40 man roster. Many of them were replaced by other players at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »