Home

NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Now...time to start figuring out who the other 10 players are...

I think that Drexler's Blazers will be there, since they're already in 2K11. What about Hakeem's Rockets?

EDIT:
Hey, it's not fair! Magic and Kareem played on the same team. Unless we have those 70's Bucks...?
well we need to find out what seven team are going to be in the game because in the trailer you can see that the rockets, hawk and trailer blazzers are going to be in the game
Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 AM   #218
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K12 - NBA's Greatest Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
A little tidbit from an article about the legends.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...l?dlvrit=53297
Man, I can't wait Magic Johnson is gonna be tons of fun to play with!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #219
Rookie

Hey fellas I’m an Australian bloke who loves my NBA – thought I’d throw my hat into the ring on the 15 retro inclusions that would really be stellar.

Any of Bill Russell’s Celts teams between 59 & 66
71 Bucks feat the big O and Lew Alcindor
Wilt’s 72 Lakers
83 Fo Fo Fo76ers with Moses and the Dr
Larry’s 86 Celts
Magic & Kareem 87
Zeke’s 88 Pistons
Sir Charles takes the 93 Suns oh so close
92 Dream Team
MJ 92 Bulls
The Dream’s 94 Rockets
Reggies '95 Pacers
MJ’s 96 Bulls
99 Spurs (cos fairs fair)
Shaq & Kobe 2001

And if we can be greedy throw in the next team of each year for them to play against to reach retro heaven.

One more thing that should be no sweat for you guys at 2K but will up the retro authenticity big time – Celtics sneakers pre 90s should all be black please!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #220
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Well the Jordan shoes were unlocked by amount of time playing the game. If you had trouble beating the MJ Challenge. You could put a code in to unlock the My player Jordan mode. Which I think they will do here. Because people won't be able to play with their favorite teams.
Yeah, I know. I unlocked all the Jordans and I didn't play any of the Jordan challenges.

I just remember people saying there would "probably" be a code to unlock the Js and I never knew of one. I plan on playing a season with one of Jordan's Bulls teams, but just like in 2K11 I'm going to replace the current version of a team with it's historic version. I was hoping you could just play as historic teams without having to unlock them; I don't want to buy a box of Lucky Charms and have to "unlock" the marshmallows--they should be available to me because you know I want to use the marshmallows.

But hey--it's no biggie: I'm glad we have these historic teams. This game is shaping up to be like 2K's College Hoops 2K8--playable for years and years. Can't wait to use these greats.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #221
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K12: The NBA's Greatest Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Is that a generic dude behind Dr. J (wearing Sixers uni's)?
Looks so. The Celtics number 11 looks like Sam Vincent...somewhat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #222
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Are we actually that lazy nowadays with games that we can't accept a challenge in order to unlock things?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #223
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Are we actually that lazy nowadays with games that we can't accept a challenge in order to unlock things?
I'm not sure who "we" is, but I'm certainly not lazy. I think games should have certain items to be unlocked, but I'm not in the minority on this one. If one of the things 2K knows we want is historic teams, then they should be readily available after purchasing the game. Some people, like me, are die hard fans of one team; I'm simply saying I don't want to possibly have to play historic Lakers vs historic 76ers to unlock those teams. I play as the teams I know, and I know the Chicago Bulls of Jordan's era; I don't want to play as way-back-when Celtics and pull up with the back-up point guard for three when he's not that kind of player. I don't just play as anybody; I play as teams I am very familiar with.

Many people didn't like the fact that Jordans were unlocked by random hours of gameplay and I don't blame them. It was not one hour of gameplay like some said, and it wasn't two hours either; it was random, because I played two hours sometimes and unlocked nothing. I think it's completely justifiable to think you should have most if not all classic teams available at purchase.

Again, I'm the least lazy person you will ever meet. I accept challenges everyday; I recently tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus but I'm ahead of schedule on my recovery so don't talk to me about lazy--video game or real world. But don't have in your sig that you're here to complain about the world and you have something to say to me about a small complaint about a little video game.

Last edited by jd@os; 08-05-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #224
Rookie

this is gonna be SICK, Apposed to having Dr J, Hakeem Olajuwan, Magic n Kareem and Jordan and Bird...They should bring back Dominique Wilkins for his matchup with Bird, leave out Karl Malone n Stockton cuz they were pretty borring to play with on 2k11...they should pick up Maybe the Early 2001 Lakers with Shaq in his prime along with young Afro Kobe, or maybe even stick in the 90s magic with Young Shaq and penny Hardaway...throw in some Reggie Miller and Stick in a young Wilt Chamberlain before the BEARD. Charles Barkely would be cool and maybe even a young KG going against the Kings with Chris Webber..and dont forget Allen Iverson...yu know how many 2K covers he's been on? He held 2K on his BACK at the begining of the 2k Franchise . A young TMac from the Magic would be pointless cuz they never got anywhere but would be cool to play with him or a young Raptor in VC....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »