Home

New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video

This is a discussion on New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #17
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New NHL 12 Hockey Ultimate Team Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I play both OTP online (what you're calling BaP) and HUT a tonnnnn.

I was like you in that I didn't think I'd like HUT, but once I got over my stringent policy about being anti-fantasyland, it grew on me.

Both modes are quite popular -- and they did add improvements to BaP this year.
OTP isn't BaP Online chase. What I want is a way to play 1 on 1 with friends, lock on the position I picked with my BaP, against friends who picked their position for their BaP and play lock too. In fact, it's an online league, but with the BaP way of doing things (would raise question on the playability for those who are stuck on 3rd line or backup goalie, but I just brainstorm with myself now for this mode).

For BaP, I know, they worked on it and I expect the mode to be more enjoyable than in NHL 11. Just to earn your shifts and to sim when your not on the ice could be pretty cool (will have to see how the sim engine react when you're on the bench).

For the HUT, I tried it, but since it was impossible to play against friends, I never got hook to the mode offline like I was with the BaP for exemple. Maybe another try this year will be more successful for me, will see.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #18
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
OTP isn't BaP Online chase. What I want is a way to play 1 on 1 with friends, lock on the position I picked with my BaP, against friends who picked their position for their BaP and play lock too. In fact, it's an online league, but with the BaP way of doing things (would raise question on the playability for those who are stuck on 3rd line or backup goalie, but I just brainstorm with myself now for this mode).

For BaP, I know, they worked on it and I expect the mode to be more enjoyable than in NHL 11. Just to earn your shifts and to sim when your not on the ice could be pretty cool (will have to see how the sim engine react when you're on the bench).

For the HUT, I tried it, but since it was impossible to play against friends, I never got hook to the mode offline like I was with the BaP for exemple. Maybe another try this year will be more successful for me, will see.
Oh so a regular game, just 1 on 1 as a single player. Fair enough. I think that might be a tough sell, but it's an interesting idea. I think for it to work you would have to still be heavily involved as the GM off the ice, but just be the one player on the ice who tries to sway the tide in your favor when not in the owner's box. Your effectiveness as a GM would help you build a strong supporting cast to make up for whatever you can't provide.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 22
Me and My friends are diehard hockeyfans, we love hut, Firstly the teambuilding and finding depth players and rookies is great fun if you are interested in actual teams and prospects. Secondly vs mode gameplay settings are awful Compared to hut settings, like others have mentioned. Overall i find more skilled and varied players in hut than in vs mode.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

OVR: 0

I am going to give HUT another try this year. I love the hell out of HUT, in principle. The problem is, by selling packs instead of forcing users to earn packs, it takes a lot of the strategy out of the game.

But if playing friends is in, the value of the mode increase significantly. The problem is, I don't want to buy packs, so I am only freeloading. I'd pay a monthly subscription, so that everyone was playing on the same level. But when you have to play guys online that spend $30-$100 a month on packs, it really blows.

But I absolutely love how HUT lets you mange a roster and construct teams, though. It's just so well done, and I can spend hours on my team without even playing. But once I hit a spot where I feel like I really need to spend money, I bail.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
I am going to give HUT another try this year. I love the hell out of HUT, in principle. The problem is, by selling packs instead of forcing users to earn packs, it takes a lot of the strategy out of the game.

But if playing friends is in, the value of the mode increase significantly. The problem is, I don't want to buy packs, so I am only freeloading. I'd pay a monthly subscription, so that everyone was playing on the same level. But when you have to play guys online that spend $30-$100 a month on packs, it really blows.

But I absolutely love how HUT lets you mange a roster and construct teams, though. It's just so well done, and I can spend hours on my team without even playing. But once I hit a spot where I feel like I really need to spend money, I bail.
I found I had more fun when I kept my team at a relatively low rating. It seemed to keep out a lot of the BS players that flooded the mode if your team got into the 90s.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »