Home

Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12

This is a discussion on Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
online franchise is NOT broken. It works just fine with what is there, it is not unplayable or bug filled. It may not be up to your standards but the game mode itself works just fine.
Incorrect.

Playoff tiebreakers are broken. This is a major problem that can cause people to have an entire season go down the tubes because the game couldn't figure out how to break a tie properly.

The issue has been around since Madden 10 and still hasn't been addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 4

Circles and circles we go.

- not enough play online chise

- nobody plays because it sucks and needa to get improved.

Whatever the case may be, the community is asking for improvements and if the online franchise had full features, those that dont play online chise will play online chise.

I would like to know the stats of how many unique ids joined a league at least once. That would be a better gage of online chise interest. Not farfetched to say majority of people tried online chise and then dropped after getting tired of a stale feature. I wonder if the stats were taken at release or in the middle or end of football season

As anybody can tell and this goes back to last season before m11 released, the fans are askung for improvements. If ea is listening then they will improve. I think ea is incapable of actually developing a full system and leveraging mlm so they can focus on new gimmicks that will attempt new buyers.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #107
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
To each their own man. I know what you are saying but your logic is flawed... "They won't update the game mode because no one plays it so therefore I won't purchase or play it", seems like you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.
if u wanna ignore the real problem and call me part of the problem due to skipping out on buying the last 2yrs of madden and buying the college equivalent and playing that game and online dyn mode til the next one drops since '09, so be it. the real problem is the developers using flawed logic and taking analysis from an unfinished mode and twisting it to get them off the hook for when they made poor decisions and upset the fanbase by neglecting it for 3 dev cycles.

if EA has half a brain, they cant possibly be ignoring ncaa online dynasty success since '09 under their own roof. but you're in la-la land believing that they have done just that, and really believes nobody plays online franch because of no interest and the 3% nonsense theyve force fed u and hoped would go over your head.

you're taking the stance that EA only knows what we the consumers tell them. they shouldnt need me or anyone to play it to know that the effort they put in on the mode is awful and they have a horribly incomplete mode. their own game has a working offline franchise for comparison. you're telling me EA is so stupid that they have no clue their own modes are not equal online and offline and that its not worthy of even being called online franchise? and that most likely this is the reason it sucks and nobody wants to play?

let me put it to u exactly how it is from their so called "point of view".

EA speaks: "we heard all your cries and we know franchise was neglected and sucked for years, so now we're finally putting in work to appease the fans cuz this is what yall want, a full fledged and detailed franchise. this is gonna be great for all and everyone will love the new expanded rosters, IR, scouting changes, free agency, blah blah!"

"....but we know yall have no want for this to actually work online with friends like that ncaa dynasty that everyone clamors for like rabid animals...ya know guys, thats college football and college fans like playing the game of football with friends by the boatloads. BUT...we know nfl guys dont like playing the same game with different teams with friends."

GIMME A BREAK

and this is all coming from me, a guy who was all set to preorder and buy '12 until the hammer was dropped that they did absolutely no work...not even just make it where rosters update normally and put in a cap and trade logic just to tide us over. with just that effort, i wouldve purchased.
----------------------
Madden Since '92

Last edited by MMurda; 08-01-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 4

EA does not use logic, they make excuses...

Six years of broken promises and underwhelming recycled games...

New gen is coming soon...Scrap the current engine and build a BRAND NEW one...

Old 08-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
To each their own man. I know what you are saying but your logic is flawed... "They won't update the game mode because no one plays it so therefore I won't purchase or play it", seems like you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.
OK, first off, this post seems like it falls under the category of "bashing" another user. You aren't attacking his post, it sounded more like a personal attacks, which is against the TOS.

Secondly, are you one of the guys behind the league manager site? If so, I can see why it doesn't seem like you have a problem with EA neglecting OF, since your site would obviously get more traffic. Hence, it seems obvious who's side you would be taking here. If you are not who I think you are, then I apologize.

EDIT: And before anyone calls me a hypocrite, I am posting the above strictly based on user's posting history. Not attacking him personally.

Lastly, I just wanted to remind everyone of the EA hype train with the first official announcement of OF, and how important it seemed to them at the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHnLU...e_gdata_player

Posted using the power of knowledge.

Last edited by SageWonder; 08-01-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #110
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
EA does not use logic, they make excuses...

Six years of broken promises and underwhelming recycled games...

New gen is coming soon...Scrap the current engine and build a BRAND NEW one...

no.....

Do you really want another next gen madden 06 with basically only play now and online ranked with no features?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #111
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
OK, first off, this post seems like it falls under the category of "bashing" another user. You aren't attacking his post, it sounded more like a personal attacks, which is against the TOS.

Secondly, are you one of the guys behind the league manager site? If so, I can see why it doesn't seem like you have a problem with EA neglecting OF, since your site would obviously get more traffic. Hence, it seems obvious who's side you would be taking here. If you are not who I think you are, then I apologize.

EDIT: And before anyone calls me a hypocrite, I am posting the above strictly based on user's posting history. Not attacking him personally.

Lastly, I just wanted to remind everyone of the EA hype train with the first official announcement of OF, and how important it seemed to them at the time:

still trying to see how this was a "personal attack" he simply said he was part of the problem, not the solution, he did not make any of that personal, didnt insult him or anything, but I digress, the problem is not in the franchise, the problem is the BOLD FACED LIE that was told 2 games ago, ea said that we will update this as we go along, and 2 games later,.............. NOTHING!!!, had they not made that comment I dont think people woule be as outraged but they can update mut every week with something, I get the 3% that EA is saying that is playing the game, but I still say if you are going to include it then go all the way or dont include it, i mean if I told EA I was buying my game just to play online franchise(which really wouldnt be a lie) would I get a discount?? no, so why should i settle for half of a feature that I am spending my money to play???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #112
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder

its all good...i def didnt see him as personally bashing me. the facts speak for themselves tho. and i do believe he's behind that League Manager stuff, so its no suprise he's cool about EA half stepping. I cant lie tho, LM looks like it does fill a void in the game and will def make it better. i thought about trying an ofranch using LM, but then when i thought bout how easy ncaa dyn is to run without the need for 3rd party sites, it just seemed like more of a headache than i felt like i should have to deal with when im paying $60. no other game in my library makes me have to use a 3rd party site to complete the experience.

funny thing is ive been on OS since like '08, so ive seen my fair share of EA practices since this developer interaction had started. they hype, under deliver, then make excuses as to why its unfinished, untuned, or things didnt even make the cut. its a crazy cycle.

the video above is very telling. "you've clamored for it, emailed us, tweeted, blogged, etc". so now all of a sudden theres no interest for it so its really not important or worthy of fixing and getting dev attention? but without an ounce of fan feedback or "importance" and totally going against their own reasoning, they give dev time to create MUT, 3vs3 online, and now online communities?? 3 new things that nobody cared about?? but then when madden 13 hype starts, theyll be first in line for the ofranch "its important and we're gonna go big" train...totally forgetting and glazing right over their own stance that its not worth it just a few months ago. wool-pulling at its finest...but they wont be pulling that wool over my eyes. if the game is good ill buy it no doubt. but just cuz im buying doesnt mean im a fool and forget what was told to me, so i along with others who are paying attention will immediately see this for exactly what it is...more EA BS which contributes to the negative way alot of ppl feel about the company.

oh well, it is what it is. i dont like what EA dishes up, i dont buy. simple as that. if im somehow part of the problem as he stated earlier, then so be it. my $60 will go to a deserving game whos pushing the bar and trying to innovate...not giving me excuses as to why we're still catching up to old gen games. Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, Gears3, RAGE, MW3, Uncharted 3, etc etc.
----------------------
Madden Since '92

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »