Home

Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12

This is a discussion on Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2011, 01:42 AM   #97
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12

By the way am I the only person on here who never plays Online Dynasty or Online Franchise? I really don't understand the big fuss about this. I play online head to head, offline franchise, and MUT and that has been more than enough to keep me busy with Madden.

I understand how potentially great Online Dynasty/Franchise could be but to me it just sounds way too time consuming and I don't have that much time to invest in it with work, college and other stuff going on.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
Actually it is you who are missing the point, as well as the guy shilling for the league manager software. Numbers for OF are not low. THE MODE DOES NOT EXIST. There is nothing in what EA calls OF to actually make it a franchise mode. EA knows it and everyone else who enjoys franchise play knows it. IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MULTI SEASON LEAGUE.
Um... The mode exists and very few people are playing it - just as the numbers suggest. They may not play because it doesn't operate like a Franchise Mode is expected to function.

Regardless of whether it's a fully functional Franchise mode or not - it rarely gets played. We could talk about the semantics of what Online Franchise means - but there's still not many people playing it.

We could talk about how much it missing - still not many people are playing it. We could talk about the merits of EA decision to table Online Franchise for another year - still very few people playing it. We could talk about what would make the mode better - still... Almost NOBODY PLAYS IT. So while it seems I'm missing the point on the semantic end, some of you are missing my point on the reality end.

OF can't lay claim to a full 3% because it shares that tiny percentage with 2 other modes to COMBINE for 3%. The idea that this mode would have vast appeal if this or that matters not - the reality is not many people play it.

That is and has been my only point...
Old 07-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
Actually it is you who are missing the point, as well as the guy shilling for the league manager software. Numbers for OF are not low. THE MODE DOES NOT EXIST. There is nothing in what EA calls OF to actually make it a franchise mode. EA knows it and everyone else who enjoys franchise play knows it. IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MULTI SEASON LEAGUE.
I understand you are upset but you are making assumptions that are way out of left field. Your previous post said it was about money... That is 100% false. As DAvis stated above and others have stated in here, it is about time constraints. It took more than 1 dev cycle to get offline franchise to what you will see this year. Do you really think it is that easy? How do you know they haven't already started on online franchise for Madden 13? You don't know that and neither do I. Online franchise was not the priority this year due to lack of usage...end of story. I want it upgraded as much as anyone but I'm not going to act like a child about it like some others are. I will make do with what is there and probably be happily playing well into our 6th season when the next version comes out just like I did this year. And yes I will be doing plenty of Online Community stuff too. I'm very excited about the possibilities for it. If you want some, come get some cuz I plan on joining the os community if they will have me.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #100
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I understand you are upset but you are making assumptions that are way out of left field. Your previous post said it was about money... That is 100% false. As DAvis stated above and others have stated in here, it is about time constraints. It took more than 1 dev cycle to get offline franchise to what you will see this year. Do you really think it is that easy? How do you know they haven't already started on online franchise for Madden 13? You don't know that and neither do I. Online franchise was not the priority this year due to lack of usage...end of story.
have u forgotten that EA put their own foot in their mouth when they stated in madden 10 that it was easier to update due to being server based? you're right it wasnt a priority this yr('12)....but ur forgetting that it wasnt a priority in last yr('11) or the yr before that either('10). we know it cant be done in 1 dev cycle...but we're looking at 3 right now...2 of which theyve already had the tracks laid. NO EXCUSE!

now take that 3 yrs of development time, look at them tell us from their own mouths how easy it is to update, look at how they have added 3 new modes from scratch since then(MUT, online community, and 3vs3), look how they already have a good base to start with in ofranch and still skipped it, then realize why ppl are mad before you be so quick to blow ppls frustration off.

i havent bought madden since 10. im holding out this yr as well. offline franch fix is great, but im waiting to experience the fun im getting in a fully featured and completed online dynasty. until madden can deliver what it's lil brother ncaa can, ill buy the more thorough and fully featured title of football.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #101
Who we upset this year?

Clonefan84's Arena

Not sure if this was said or not, but I find it comical that they won't improve online franchise mode because no one is playing it....

Hello...no one is playing it because it needs to be improved! If EA could make online franchise as deep as offline franchise, I'd be willing to bet that online franchise would be the most used online feature in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #102
Who we upset this year?

Clonefan84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Um... The mode exists and very few people are playing it - just as the numbers suggest. They may not play because it doesn't operate like a Franchise Mode is expected to function.

Regardless of whether it's a fully functional Franchise mode or not - it rarely gets played. We could talk about the semantics of what Online Franchise means - but there's still not many people playing it.

We could talk about how much it missing - still not many people are playing it. We could talk about the merits of EA decision to table Online Franchise for another year - still very few people playing it. We could talk about what would make the mode better - still... Almost NOBODY PLAYS IT. So while it seems I'm missing the point on the semantic end, some of you are missing my point on the reality end.

OF can't lay claim to a full 3% because it shares that tiny percentage with 2 other modes to COMBINE for 3%. The idea that this mode would have vast appeal if this or that matters not - the reality is not many people play it.

That is and has been my only point...
I just don't understand why you would be making that "one and only point"

People are not playing online franchise mode not because it's not popular. People aren't playing it because it's not good. Jerryrice is right, it has become nothing more than a multi-season league. There is absolutely nothing in there that even makes it worth calling a franchise. No salaries, no pre-season, nothing. It's just a league that follows the real life schedule that has rosters that users are free to do with whatever they please.

Guess my point it sure, no one was playing online franchise last year, I understand that. But maybe if they actually made it deep and much like the offline version, then people would play it. It's really why hardly anyone played online franchises here on OS. Because no one wanted to do all that crazy extra work. It's something EA needs to have done in game. NCAA was able to do it, I just don't understand why Madden can't either.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #103
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
have u forgotten that EA put their own foot in their mouth when they stated in madden 10 that it was easier to update due to being server based? you're right it wasnt a priority this yr('12)....but ur forgetting that it wasnt a priority in last yr('11) or the yr before that either('10). we know it cant be done in 1 dev cycle...but we're looking at 3 right now...2 of which theyve already had the tracks laid. NO EXCUSE!

now take that 3 yrs of development time, look at them tell us from their own mouths how easy it is to update, look at how they have added 3 new modes from scratch since then(MUT, online community, and 3vs3), look how they already have a good base to start with in ofranch and still skipped it, then realize why ppl are mad before you be so quick to blow ppls frustration off.

i havent bought madden since 10. im holding out this yr as well. offline franch fix is great, but im waiting to experience the fun im getting in a fully featured and completed online dynasty. until madden can deliver what it's lil brother ncaa can, ill buy the more thorough and fully featured title of football.
To each their own man. I know what you are saying but your logic is flawed... "They won't update the game mode because no one plays it so therefore I won't purchase or play it", seems like you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 2
That is a complete BS arguement. Plenty of people play Online franchise and schedueling has nothing to do with adding a salary, being able customize players or any of the other things that need to be addressed in the online franchise. Just more EA laziness b/c they have know competition. 2k Please get it together the Gamers sake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »