Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #297
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Yeah, I think a 6 is more than fair. For some guys that lack knowledge of the game, I can see maybe an 8. But I personally am sick to my stomach at some of the Hokie things this game does to create a perception of challenge. This is the least amount of fun I have had with an NCAA game in a long time.... just horrible and I have always been a huge supporter of this game.

I won't be buying release day next year for sure

Yeah, NCAA is getting the Guitar Hero/Modern Warfare curse. Releasing basically the same game year after year, over-saturating themselves. People are going to wake up and realize it's a waste of money. I think MW3 will not do as good as BO, and it's going to start it's decline. Now we just need another company to create the BF3 of football games to give EA some competition.

I agree though NCAA is not a day 1 buy anymore. Even if they add a bunch of new features in 13, i have my doubts they will work properly. I have to wait for the real QA testers (OS community) to show if it's broken or not.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 0
Honestly, everyone is being too harsh of a critic. No game will be perfect. Not everyone will like the game. In almost every game, there are things people dont like. Honestly, get over it and dont play it if all of these things ruin the game. I know there are some things that are wrong, but its not as bad as everyone says. If you dont like it, dont play it.
btw i love the game <33
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #299
Rookie

KunaghNery7's Arena

OVR: 0
I just got my retail version of the game and played a match between Michigan (me) @ Michigan State and the game played very realistically. I played in the AA difficulty, 7 minute quarters and I didn't feel cheated by the CPU in the entire game at all. Despite the fact that I actually won the game 24-6, all the plays in the game seemed to be based in real physics and there wasn't any weird stuff going on like warping and suctioning. They really made an excellent effort and definitely removed all of this annoying issues. Both teams allowed 2 turnovers. I threw an interception and had a fumble while they threw 2 interceptions and all 4 plays unfolded realistically. no warping, no suctioning, just positioning and timing by the CPU and me. One thing that clearly called my attention was the scrambling awareness combined with the player tendencies. As far as I know (I might be totally wrong) the Michigan State QB is more a pocket passer and hold the ball longer. I accounted two sacks in one of their offensive drives, so in the following play, I called a zone blitz and the QB had nowhere to throw the ball. Then, he saw his pocket crumbling down and desperately tried to scramble without further success. Well it's late here and I haven't had much time left to play the Dynasty (Coach Carousel) and the Road To Glory, so I'm going to play it tomorrow or when I find time to. Particularly, the game played good this first time in matter of gameplay. Still lacks TV-style broadcast features which make the presentation fall short in this aspect, but the HDR is completely AMAZING and gave a great look for the game. Last but not least, issues I found in this game were: Slide Running, Stadium Surroundings (Michigan Stadium for example you can't see the outside area which leaves a strange feeling that the stadium is floating) and I would redesign Player Models (although I saw some improvements) like Madden did.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:16 AM   #300
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Never once have I done that because someone disagrees. My only issue is when people repeat the same issue over and over and over again, can not post criticism without being somewhat respectful of simply are incapable of acting or posting rationally. . Nor does it make what I said any less accurate.

I know that's lost on people like you, but it's quite simple.

LOL. PCKB.

People like me. Ok, I'll leave it at that.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:15 AM   #301
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr

LOL. PCKB.

People like me. Ok, I'll leave it at that.
Works for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #302
MVP

OVR: 11
I like NCAA football 12. I may not like the game play issues esp in user games, but I have to believe that they will be fixed. I hate the roster glitch but until EA is able to fix it sliders can be tweaked to "fix" the issue until then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »