Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #281
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

When I get picked off or a pass gets batted down I sware should have been good I sometimes replay them. I have more time to do that as I play only offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #282
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I have had it happen in games as well only the movie I posted was the first time it was the entire DB's body passing through my WR's body. In games I have seen arms go through heads and shoulds through shoulders and so on.

All these would be interference if the bodies actually made contact like they should because the DB would have hit the WR before the ball got there. Lets face it how many times have you passed the ball thinking your WR had position on the DB only to have the DB warp speed in front of your WR somehow. Its like body position in this game does not matter.

Also lots of times DBs are contacting your WR's downfield but they don't have illegal contact penelties in the game so you just have to deal with the fact their routes get all messed up.
Could not agree more with you on that statement, this crap makes me an angry person.

I've also seen the body part/matrix warp from the vid you posted. Also, it grinds my gears when others post and say something to the effect of "well, I've played X amount of games and I haven't seen it". So what if you haven't seen it, SGMRock has and it needs to be addressed.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #283
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
Could not agree more with you on that statement, this crap makes me an angry person.

I've also seen the body part/matrix warp from the vid you posted. Also, it grinds my gears when others post and say something to the effect of "well, I've played X amount of games and I haven't seen it". So what if you haven't seen it, SGMRock has and it needs to be addressed.
So what? Because if three other people have played 150 to 200 games without seeing it then it indicates it's a very, very rare issue. You don't go hunting down and fixing every single issue in a game. In a perfect world maybe but in the real world developers have to fix bugs that affect a lot of people, not just 1% or 2% of those who buy their games.

All games have bugs and weird things happen in them, you don't go and form a patch party every time it happens.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #284
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Oh and btw - just so we're clear here, I'm not saying if *I* say I haven't seen it that it's not worthwhile of being fixed, I'm just reporting what I found. If a large portion of other people are seeing it too then by all means, it needs fixed.

That's why everyone should post in these bug threads as to whether or not they are seeing issues, both if they are seeing a problem and also if they are not. Then, and only then, can the devs get a clear picture as to whether or not something is really a wide-affecting issue and needs addressed or whether it's a random fluke.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #285
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

Who said I was talking about you? Jeez...

And just because a few people with some games under their belts haven't seen it, doesn't necessarily make it rare.

It's not a game killer. It's an annoyance that gets worse every time you see it. That's all.

Last edited by sarlndr; 07-27-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #286
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

How am I feeling about NCAA 12 right about now?

I feel its got a nice spot on the used games isle if there is not a patch to fix it soon. And it will be the last NCAA I buy... Over two weeks since released and NOTHING in the way of fixes for problems that there is no possible way EA did not know about before it released the game. Some of these bugs are so obvious a 5yr old could have spotted them.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 07-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #287
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:

And just because a few people with some games under their belts haven't seen it, doesn't necessarily make it rare.

It's not a game killer. It's an annoyance that gets worse every time you see it. That's all.
Because I fit into the group of people you were talking about, I was one of the ones who said I hadn't seen it. As for how rare it is, that's the point I was making, everyone should weigh in on issues so that the devs know how big of an issue it is, even those who aren't seeing the issue.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #288
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

It's pretty obvious you were. Apparently anyone who doesn't agree with your assessment shouldn't be allowed to post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »