Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #273
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIAggie
here's why patches take time

First EA have to go through the process of identifying the problem, determining a fix, implementing the fix, testing the fix to insure there no new bugs, then submit it to Microsoft/Sony. Then wait 2 weeks for Microsoft/Sony to test it to make sure it's certified and then it's released to us gamers.
Or they could've gotten it right the first time and avoided the trouble of releasing a major bug fix patch right after the game comes out.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #274
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
This will probably be the first year I don't buy an NCAA game since I started buying them in 2004. I was already pretty lukewarm on this game after seeing they didn't add a ton of new features in this year's game, but after reading about all the issues this game has, some features advertised not even working properly, I've pretty much made up my mind on this one. I used to get very excited for this game, even when the new features were lame like in the NCAA 10 version, I still bought it because I was a colossal football fan and thought maybe just maybe the game would eventually be great, but now I realize that this game will never be where i want it to be, so until they come out with something drastic, either on this gen or the next, I will withhold my money for a different title.
Your choice but if you skip NCAA 12 based on what you are reading here at OS you are really missing out on a great football game. And in the future if you plan to use the forums as a gauge on a game you will find you buy very few sports games anymore. Come in here a week after just about any sports game releases and you will see the entire forum in an uproar about all sorts of issues, some legitimate, others not so much...
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #275
The Senator

buckeye02's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Your choice but if you skip NCAA 12 based on what you are reading here at OS you are really missing out on a great football game. And in the future if you plan to use the forums as a gauge on a game you will find you buy very few sports games anymore. Come in here a week after just about any sports game releases and you will see the entire forum in an uproar about all sorts of issues, some legitimate, others not so much...
Its a solid game. One of NCAA's best imo as far as gameplay goes. But this roster glitch must be fixed ASAP. When it gets patched and the game still plays the same.......i dont think i'll be getting 2013. I'll just make 2012 season rosters for this game. The ability to edit players in dynasty was huge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 05:43 AM   #276
Rookie

KINGLAX25's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Its a solid game. One of NCAA's best imo as far as gameplay goes. But this roster glitch must be fixed ASAP. When it gets patched and the game still plays the same.......i dont think i'll be getting 2013. I'll just make 2012 season rosters for this game. The ability to edit players in dynasty was huge.

Thats no good man!! Whos gonna make rosters next year?? Regardless of all the complaining most people appreciate you and gators hard work!!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #277
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Me neither and I've played over 50 games. Its a glitch and must be a pretty rare one at that.
I have had it happen in games as well only the movie I posted was the first time it was the entire DB's body passing through my WR's body. In games I have seen arms go through heads and shoulds through shoulders and so on.

All these would be interference if the bodies actually made contact like they should because the DB would have hit the WR before the ball got there. Lets face it how many times have you passed the ball thinking your WR had position on the DB only to have the DB warp speed in front of your WR somehow. Its like body position in this game does not matter.

Also lots of times DBs are contacting your WR's downfield but they don't have illegal contact penelties in the game so you just have to deal with the fact their routes get all messed up.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #278
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I have had it happen in games as well only the movie I posted was the first time it was the entire DB's body passing through my WR's body. In games I have seen arms go through heads and shoulds through shoulders and so on.

All these would be interference if the bodies actually made contact like they should because the DB would have hit the WR before the ball got there. Lets face it how many times have you passed the ball thinking your WR had position on the DB only to have the DB warp speed in front of your WR somehow. Its like body position in this game does not matter.

Also lots of times DBs are contacting your WR's downfield but they don't have illegal contact penelties in the game so you just have to deal with the fact their routes get all messed up.
You do realize in college football there is no 5 yard chuck rule though right? DB's can hit WR's all the way down the field until the ball is in the air.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #279
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Now? 10 seconds left in my OD season 2 Bowl game, Arkansas kicks a FG to take the lead over my team. I go to create a highlight, LOCKUP. Lost an entire Bowl Game.

ARGH!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #280
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
So this is one of the things I would really like to see EA fix. I was just in practice mode and saw this blatent issue. I have seen this before in other places were elbows go through my WR head and stuff when you think they should have gotten pass interference instead the clip right through your WR. This video I just recorded has to be the worse of it I have ever seen though. This is the reason I set the INT slider down to like 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NGoQSU7_LM
I think I saw this video in another thread titled Psychic DB's. Anyway, same as Odogg and Bkrich, haven't seen this in over 50 games.

I used to see it in Madden when I hit the instant replay button several times, but I don't have time to hit replay every play to find "ghosting" issues.

Plus, I just don't see it in regular game play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »