Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #265
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Ended up sending mine back to Amazon. Wasn't playing that much after getting hit with my first batch of freezes mid game. Sure it's a loss of 5 bucks, but it's more like a rental fee. I'll probably put the money towards Madden, since I still have the 20$ credit for NCAA and Madden has a 20$ credit for pre ordering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #266
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammaxwell
neutered basically every person that has the ball in their hands. I can't juke anyone. however I can roll over people with a FB pass. its like the ball handler is stuck in syrup.

Man I don't get these quotes, but maybe its a sliders/level issue. I'm a single player guy, and with the right level/sliders in my 1 player OD, the run game is amazing and the juke move is my go-to move. Passing game drives me nuts, but the animations in the run game are the best ever. The number of times I've cut and lost defenders that do the broken ankle animation is gold. Even going off center, little jukes going forward shake guys off. Spin move works for me if I hit it early enough but love the juke, most realistic I've seen in my 30 years of gaming. Just looks right and feels right.

I should note, that I checked my gaming ego at the door years ago, I play on lower levels not Heisman. Heisman gives you a tough game, but is far less realistic and always has been in my opinion. I don't care how low the level, there are slider adjustments that will make the game a fair challenge in single player.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 07-26-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #267
Rookie

OVR: 1
I for one won't make excuses for EA putting out a game and charging $60 just to have the game half playable ! The d line gets unbelievable pressure on the qb and the lbs and cbs at times display super human awareness and intercept skills not to mention a lb roaming who can literally tip almost any pass without ever ;leaving the ground ! WRs stand and watch balls sail over their head, there's a glitch in certain hb screen plays where the def seemingly rush to the opposite side of the play leaving open field ahead for rb after the catch !

This game is broken bad ! I didn't pay $60 to be a tester !
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #268
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

So this is one of the things I would really like to see EA fix. I was just in practice mode and saw this blatent issue. I have seen this before in other places were elbows go through my WR head and stuff when you think they should have gotten pass interference instead the clip right through your WR. This video I just recorded has to be the worse of it I have ever seen though. This is the reason I set the INT slider down to like 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NGoQSU7_LM
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #269
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
So this is one of the things I would really like to see EA fix. I was just in practice mode and saw this blatent issue. I have seen this before in other places were elbows go through my WR head and stuff when you think they should have gotten pass interference instead the clip right through your WR. This video I just recorded has to be the worse of it I have ever seen though. This is the reason I set the INT slider down to like 5.

I don't see the problem, that's pretty realistic.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #270
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock

I have yet to see this happen in a game.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #271
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I have yet to see this happen in a game.
Me neither and I've played over 50 games. Its a glitch and must be a pretty rare one at that.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #272
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
This will probably be the first year I don't buy an NCAA game since I started buying them in 2004. I was already pretty lukewarm on this game after seeing they didn't add a ton of new features in this year's game, but after reading about all the issues this game has, some features advertised not even working properly, I've pretty much made up my mind on this one. I used to get very excited for this game, even when the new features were lame like in the NCAA 10 version, I still bought it because I was a colossal football fan and thought maybe just maybe the game would eventually be great, but now I realize that this game will never be where i want it to be, so until they come out with something drastic, either on this gen or the next, I will withhold my money for a different title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »