Home

Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Again, not trying to sell anyone on the idea, simply was trying to point out some of the options and things it allows -- and what in general has been added to Madden's online area this year.

More or less, much like with everything else in the gaming world, I just want it to get a fair shake.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 12 Online Communities and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Why do I feel everywhere I turn I'm getting the hard sell on how wonderful this feature is?

Perhaps there is already concern thanks to the lukewarm reception. I think it is telling this huge announcement garnered only a small thread of discussion and most of it wasn't positive.

I see the point of the feature and what they are trying to accomplish but it's really not an excitement worthy announcement IMO.

I totally argee.Only thing they did(EA) was make a better friends list.WOW

But we knew the hype was coming for this feature.

Last edited by lofeazy; 07-26-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

They just said on the Ustream that the Online Communities are replacing lobbies. I feel like there is going to be a lot of boosting with this replacing the original lobbies. Hopefully it doesn't but I guess we will just have to wait and see when the game releases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #12
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Again, not trying to sell anyone on the idea, simply was trying to point out some of the options and things it allows -- and what in general has been added to Madden's online area this year.

More or less, much like with everything else in the gaming world, I just want it to get a fair shake.
I wasn't trying to imply that you were selling me on it. Just in general everything I have seen posted everywhere is like one big regurgitation of a press release. Part of the reason for that feeling is I doubt anyone has seen this feature in action.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
This sounds like a really great feature and by far is the one thing I'm really most excited about since I am a big online guy but have a hard time finding noncheesers (since most of my friends are NCAA football gamers and not Madden gamers). I really do agree with EA here that this could be a huge feature that will change online and probably get much more people into online gaming.

I have been saying for years I wanted a way to play against friends and have a record from doing so that is separate from when I play random games. Whenever I play my friends we'd always want to play 7 minute games so we'd have to do unranked. Having a record now versus my friends and being able to customize sliders, minutes, etc is HUGE in my book..

Last edited by ODogg; 07-26-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
"Anything you can do offline in terms of customization you should be able to do for head-to-head games in an Online Community."

"Should" is not a confidence-inspiring word in this context, given that the whole point of the feature is an unprecedented ability to customize the online experience. Was that a typo for "will," or has EA not been clear on exactly what you can customize when you set up your Community?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Checking....checking...nope, still bitter about the Online Franchise. And even more insulted by this OC crap that was probably cobbled together in an afternoon. Congrats on Operation Sports being in the game, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Can you add your own personalize community logo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »