Home

Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode

This is a discussion on Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #25
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode

If I'm not wrong, FIFA uses something like, if you play in Amateur level (or whatever the easiest difficulty is), you are not applicant for leaderboards. Why NHL developers wouldn't use this with boosts, make them earn the boosts with say, Superstar level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #26
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995
If I'm not wrong, FIFA uses something like, if you play in Amateur level (or whatever the easiest difficulty is), you are not applicant for leaderboards. Why NHL developers wouldn't use this with boosts, make them earn the boosts with say, Superstar level?
The FIFA accomplishment system to upgrade your virtual pro is tiered. The first level of upgrades can be earned on any difficulty level. The second level must be done on semi-pro (rookie in NHL I guess) or higher. The final level of accomplishments must be completed on world class difficulty (rough equivalent of all-star) or during online play.

It works fairly well with their system, as it limits how much you can improve your player but mindlessly beating up on the CPU on easier difficulties. But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind if they made it so everything had to be earned on world class+ or online. Anything to keep players more within normal attribute ranges, even if FIFA does a slightly better job of this than NHL.

Last edited by Qb; 07-25-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Aren't most of the unlocks level specific? I seem to recall that being the case. At anyrate people bitch for realism, they adjust BAP so that you need to earn your way into the NHL and get proper ice time, and they're still bitching. I know the game has it's issues and AI has needed lots of love for awhile now but seriously guys, play the demo first.
All I know is when NHL11 came out within the first week or so there were these super boosted teams who were trashing everyone. I sent a message to a few to see what was up and if it was a hack and they said they just played offline on rookie.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #28
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
The FIFA accomplishment system to upgrade your virtual pro is tiered. The first level of upgrades can be earned on any difficulty level. The second level must be done on semi-pro (rookie in NHL I guess) or higher. The final level of accomplishments must be completed on world class difficulty (rough equivalent of all-star) or during online play.

It works fairly well with their system, as it limits how much you can improve your player but mindlessly beating up on the CPU on easier difficulties. But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind if they made it so everything had to be earned on world class+ or online. Anything to keep players more within normal attribute ranges, even if FIFA does a slightly better job of this than NHL.
Ah, thanks for correcting, Qb.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 3
They should bring back storymode.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not nearly good enough. For a mode that has been out for a few years now, some serious improvements need to be made in order to justify a new purchase each year. In regards to BAP, fans of this mode have been asking non stop for a more immersive experience like Madden had in one of it's releases. On the ice the game is great, off the ice it sucks huge... Boring. If there were things to do off the ice then this would re-invigorate this mode. Let's interact with an agent, the public and media. Make money actually worth something, and be able to sign sponsorship deals or whatever. Even have a persona to maintain. It's all been done before with Madden, why in the world has this not been not done yet long ago? I won't be buying another release of NHL until this happens.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
All I know is when NHL11 came out within the first week or so there were these super boosted teams who were trashing everyone. I sent a message to a few to see what was up and if it was a hack and they said they just played offline on rookie.
Yeah basically you have the various boosts and slots that require xyz achievements "Be drafted 1st overall" "Play 2 seasons with your pro playing 40 games and winning the stanley cup" etc. So for the season accomplishments you just put it on rookie adjust the sliders in your favor and play the 5 min 3rd periods for 40 games.

With that method I'd say you unlock about 90% of the boosts and slots. I'm actually surprised they make it fairly easy to unlock most of the stuff, because if they made it harder(or EASHL specific) people would just buy all of the boosts. Would make sense for them financially though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Yeah basically you have the various boosts and slots that require xyz achievements "Be drafted 1st overall" "Play 2 seasons with your pro playing 40 games and winning the stanley cup" etc. So for the season accomplishments you just put it on rookie adjust the sliders in your favor and play the 5 min 3rd periods for 40 games.

With that method I'd say you unlock about 90% of the boosts and slots. I'm actually surprised they make it fairly easy to unlock most of the stuff, because if they made it harder(or EASHL specific) people would just buy all of the boosts. Would make sense for them financially though.
Yep, until you notice you're an idiot since there's people letting know everyone on the internet how to mod a legend card so you can have every unlocked boost from the other guy, and then all you have to do is make you pro like you want it to be for online and offline.

I'm not sure I'll ever spent a dime on boost for this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »