Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2011, 03:28 AM   #241
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah because EAs football games were so much different when they had competition..... I agree we need more companies doing football games but EA isn't going to suddenly make there games radically different if there is.
These people don't realize that EA is a major company; Ea Sports is under the EA brand, but it's still produced by EA guys. 2K Sports isn't under a "2K" brand, it's a subsidiary of Take-Two interactive, which is also a major company.

EA's focus is to make money. Period. Play online long enough and you will see that it takes no knowledge of college football or football in general, or relative skill, to win a game; all it takes is a couple money plays and a little luck. So they will half-*** and band-aid certain areas just to put more resources into making more money. Nothing wrong with that. Ever wonder why sliders are even included in a game? (If you're argument is to make the game play better, your wrong because if that was the case EA could do that on their own.)

2K can focus on making the best basketball game out because it doesn't have to focus on specifically making money; they make money by thinking of the fans first and considering what they feel would improve the game. They even admitted to certain band-aids being in the game to discourage players from cheesing.

Think about this; Drug dealers have to bag drugs, right? Ok, so some bags are smaller than others, purposely. Why? Because if you put slightly less drug in each bag, you can get more bags. More bags = more money. Sure you could say, why would you charge people for more than what they are getting, but the drug dealer has customers throughout the city, so his main focus is selling as many bags as possible.

2K, on the other hand, is the dealer who gives their few, loyal customers what they're paying for, plus maybe a little extra.

Didn't wanna compare to drugs but it's all I could think of, haha. I think it's a great example though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #242
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Everyone likes this idea that EA is half-assing it. They most likely are, but it's foolish to believe 2K will "save" us - and lets be honest
Im not saying 2k sports will save us with there game cause its better. I think EA is WAAY more than capable of making the best game ever! This game has extreme potential Ive said it alot lol. The thing that 2K will provide is competition. Its no secret everyone is trying to make money and competition would cut into EA's revenue. They would either make a better game OR see people convert over. I dont think with EA its so much incapabilities as it is just lazyness/un-caring. When we buy they get paid. When THIS (NCAA) is all we can buy what would they be worried about? Bug here glitch there who cares? Your going to buy there product cause they make these games some of the most anticipated release's every year.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #243
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
I think that NHL 2k games made EA make better NHL games for sure. They were starting to be really stale and old when the first couple years of 2K came out and put a dent in their market they actually stepped it up a ton and in my opinion blew 2K out of the water. Now they are not even going to release another NHL 2K game until who knows when. Which I think will start to make the EA NHL team lazy after a couple years of them being gone.

Still the NHL doesn't have an exclusive license and still EA has been making the best game so who is the say that wouldn't be the same for NCAA or NFL. Either way it would be nice to have options. I bought like 2 NHL 2K game over the years but I always read reviews and so on when they both came out to compair which I would buy. Both times I bought NHL 2K games I bought the EA NHL game too so :P ...

Long post short, a competing company would be nice but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Not to mention didn't Madden just renew its NFL exclusive lisense?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 2
how do we improve our star ratings in NCAA 12 ? last yr when your team went to a bowl game or win it , you would go from say 3* to 4* , this has changed this yr ??

took syracuse , won bowl game against virginia and im still a 3* , what gives ?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #245
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan75
how do we improve our star ratings in NCAA 12 ? last yr when your team went to a bowl game or win it , you would go from say 3* to 4* , this has changed this yr ??

took syracuse , won bowl game against virginia and im still a 3* , what gives ?
Not sure, I was able to get Michigan to 6 stars again but I won the National Championship so :P >>> Not sure if I would have gone up if I had just won a bowl game. Ohio St actually went down a Star too because they lost their bowl didn't have a great season without Pryor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #246
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
@ SGMRock

You're right, but look at the NHL game from EA now? Going back to what it was few years ago now that they don't have competition.

No testing of the game, poor AI making the game unplayable when lock, tons of glitch, cheats and goodies that makes the game worse, and on top of that, new modes that suppose to be a revolution that people don't play since it's full of cheaters.

NHL made a huge stride in 09, but like always with EA, once they make improvements, the years after, they sit on their hands.

Problem with EA isn't that their games aren't good, it's the fact that they are like a young guy who is happy with a 70% as a grade in some classes, but with some kind of effort, would be able to get a 95%.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #247
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

FREEZING UP IN OFFLINE DYNASTY!!! this game is awesome when it works but to sit there and play a game all the way to the 4th quarter and have it freeze on me makes me wanna break everything around me and makes it all a big waste of time ...what good is a beautiful ferrari when everytime you drive it for an hour it breaks down on the side of the road????...how could they miss this what do I do now,?? do i return it for another copy ???...is it going to be fixed in a patch???

again when the game works its awesome
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #248
Rookie

rockstar super's Arena

OVR: 1

I Think the game is great yeah it has it glitches and bugs and yes i get mad at them. Also some of the things you cant help cause when you play you are playing a computer that is programmed to do certain things yes AI could be better.

What I think is EA has a great Title Great and loyal followers what they need to do is pay attetion to this site and the threads see what we want and adjust the game there. I mean the ideas and the people on this site are the loyal followers listen to the ideas and use them it owuld make the game great.

Also stopping adding new features every year if they are broken or dont work, I mean you got a great game make it perfect and add little by little. Also how is Madden and NCAA so different I mean the developers the people should be talking.

There are lots of great ideas out there and some are so small but would make the game great and awesome and could be easy to put in the game I mean hire more people do what it takes make the game great There is a ton of people out there with the NCAA knowledge and Video game Knowledge could make this game best of all time

Well that is my 2 cents back to playing now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »