Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #233
Banned

OVR: 25
I have a question: A Beta version is just gameplay, right? So that means there would be no roster editing, meaning we wouldn't have been able to identify the roster bug.

There is no depth chart in the demos, meaning it wouldn't make sense for them to put it in a beta. Meaning we wouldn't know tendencies of the players. (Tendencies don't mean anything anyway; tell me why Washaun Ealey, RB for UGA on the game, is a power back with 95 SPD, 87 ACC, 90+ Spin move and Juke move, 87 break tackle but only 84 trucking, and weighs less [205] than Caleb King [211], and is also weaker than King, who is listed as a balanced back.)

No dynasty in a beta, since it's mainly/basically gameplay. Meaning no way to know about (again) the roster glitch or problems with CC, recruits, etc.

That's just my take, off the top of my head, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #234
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
Validate my opinion I guess...? I just wanted to bring up BETA and see what people thought about it, but that turned into heckling me which I dont mind. Like I said before it seems like a majority of the problems could have been spotted early in a BETA... If thats NOT the case im fine with that, but I know enough about CPU's and video games to the point I want a detailed response of 'Why not' . Dont just say 'because' or 'No, that wont work'.

Why would I do that when theres over 100's of pages right here. Both good and bad. If they was going to do something they would have done something.

in short ... competition. You think they care what anyone thinks at this point about there product? No one else makes football games. That is a fact and the one thing EVERYONE should be able to agree on. If you play football you buy from EA. There an Monopoly man, a Empire! lol I get/have had the feeling that they honestly dont care NEARLY as much as people think. I thought I was pointin out the obvious, but some people seem oblivious to it. Thats why I say and have said this game has outstanding potential, but its like they dont care enough about there own product to tie the loose ends and let it reach its potential. If they had competition or fear of losing revenue, I bet they would pay a little more attention to whats going on :/
Yeah because EAs football games were so much different when they had competition..... I agree we need more companies doing football games but EA isn't going to suddenly make there games radically different if there is.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #235
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Do you really have any understanding of the test cycle? Do you really know what a beta test is?
I have a fairly decent idea I would like to think, but I dont know the exact definition no. Thats why I was wanting you to explain it.

Quote:
They had a beta, it just was not public it was done internally.
I would have to vote it being a bad idea and thats only because look at where we're at now? EA can say what they want, but testing wasnt done extensively enough. They have been making NCAA for what? Like 12yrs? Yea they have came a ways in that time, ALOT of the same stuff is in every game. This years game isnt (to me) Thaaaat much different than last years game. Not different enough anyways to experience these kinds of problems.

Just think if they would have made the BETA public. They didnt wanna sacrifice revenue for play-a-bility if you will ... and the more I think about it, how could they have a BETA, PERIOD, and not experience/eliminate some of these inexcusable bugs :/ .... Sorry if that offends people lol but thats how I honestly feel

Quote:
but EA isn't going to suddenly make there games radically different if there is
I agree with that. But if there was a 2k12 football game from Sega (or who ever makes it) I honestly think we wouldn't be having a majority of the issues we are having and if there WAS the same problems like we are having you can best believe they would have made a patch by now...or Id like to think so

Last edited by Daniels2386; 07-24-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 03:13 AM   #236
Banned

OVR: 25
This argument about EA not caring about consumers and what not is like saying, "How could drug-dealers sell drugs to their own community?" "How could they sell ti to family?"

It's called money.

Everyone likes this idea that EA is half-assing it. They most likely are, but it's foolish to believe 2K will "save" us - and lets be honest, the whole "competition" argument is an indirect way of saying that you can't wait until 2K makes a football game.

They WONT as long as NBA 2K continues to be successful. They've pulled all the Live players from EA for now - I myself was/still am a big Live/EA Sports player. They have the luxury of only having to focus heavily on basketball. Why would they divide that into making football too? Especially when Madden/NCAA seems to be trending upwards?

The above was off topic, but still relative to previous posts.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:14 AM   #237
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
in short ... competition. You think they care what anyone thinks at this point about there product? No one else makes football games. That is a fact and the one thing EVERYONE should be able to agree on. If you play football you buy from EA. There an Monopoly man, a Empire! lol I get/have had the feeling that they honestly dont care NEARLY as much as people think. I thought I was pointin out the obvious, but some people seem oblivious to it. Thats why I say and have said this game has outstanding potential, but its like they dont care enough about there own product to tie the loose ends and let it reach its potential. If they had competition or fear of losing revenue, I bet they would pay a little more attention to whats going on :/
Right on, i hear ya. I don't know if people are oblivious so much as they are just worn down from hearing hundreds of people say what you're saying year after year for around 10 years. We get it. Not everybody has identical opinions, but your opinion isn't a new one. Anybody who has played NCAA and visited a forum has been bombarded every year with extremists from both sides and people repeating arguments like they're brand new. I think it was said best when you were told "this isn't helpful".
Old 07-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #238
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Well i know one thing, the beta testers for this game need fired..
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #239
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well i know one thing, the beta testers for this game need fired..
Then how would they pay for food for their seeing-eye dogs?
Old 07-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #240
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
Then how would they pay for food for their seeing-eye dogs?
Lol, that's a good one...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »