Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #185
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

A BETA WOULD have solved a majority of these glitchs/bugs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #186
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I've showed video's and explained how to fix leaping LB's

The problem is most people don't particulary care about doing it.....they will rely on EA to do it and much like every year EA never does it for them so this complaint is constant all year.

There is no slider in this game that can stop leaping LB's not one single slider is a releated to a players vertical jump ratings

This is not NBA 2K11 where you have a global slider for gameplay to lower verticals

I'm not speaking of you but the leaping LB's out cry's really get old especially when you have like 2-3 guys on these boards who have explained how to fix the issue. It's not the best way to go about it because it takes time but hey if people truly wanted to fix it and not see it then they would take action on their own otherwise they will be on here all year complaining the problem

I'm not a game developer, bro. I don't have the time or desire to sit there and methodically make all those edits, nor do I feel that I should have to in order to make the game more playable. But, it is what it is. The same story, the same arguments here and on similar forums year after year. I've just accepted that things are not likely to change any time soon as far as game play, and am content to rent the game, play a dynasty or two until the real season starts, and move on to better things. It's not a terrible game by any means, but it's disappointing seeing these same issues each year (along with new ones), and disheartening IMO to read all these people apparently willing to not only dismiss the issues, but also bash others who try and present these issues to developers.

Last edited by theultimatewi; 07-23-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #187
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
PowerPitcher, I'm not calling you out...but it's another thing I have a problem with, with people who have this game. The phrase, "they are on the right track." How long do we have to wait/sink money into this franchise before they are "on track"? Seems like they have been "on the right track" for so many years now.

I'm not totally disgusted with this game, because I am still playing it and mildly enjoying it. However, it's clear EA's NCAA team cares more about adding half-assed features than fixing "under the hood" mechanics of the game. That is a business model I won't get burned by anymore. Definitely waiting on Madden this year because of it.
I've been hearing that right track quote since the Reggie Bush cover (which is still in my top 5 all-time list of games lol). By the way, Mass Effect 2 is the first game I will never trade back, ever.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #188
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
People been saying they are on the right track for the past 6 years now. Grant it they are, however it is come to the point now they need to make it to the station.
i'm not saying give them a free pass but they have done a solid a job with NCAA 11 and 12

I do expect more but i can clearly see that the last two installments of the game have far exceeded NCAA 07 through NCAA 10 versions

At some point i will get back into NCAA 12 but right now there's just too many crazy things going on with rosters, CPU AI pass defense (deep) and once again their lack of intelligence when running the Option offense.

EA might be able to fix about 2 out of 3 of those problems in the next 1-2 months

Until then i'm hoping they don't kill my spirits with Madden 12

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 2

You know what this forum needs its own sub-forum,so all the whiners and complainers can go too.I hate coming here and having to sift thru 10 threads to find 1 with good information.By the way I love the game.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #190
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfn1372
You know what this forum needs its own sub-forum,so all the whiners and complainers can go too.I hate coming here and having to sift thru 10 threads to find 1 with good information.By the way I love the game.
Bro, I gotta agree here. Look, I agree EA needs to be notified that there is a bug in the game. But every little thing has now been called a game killer, when it truely isn't.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #191
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndy
Bro, I gotta agree here. Look, I agree EA needs to be notified that there is a bug in the game. But every little thing has now been called a game killer, when it truely isn't.
And people seem to assume if something doesn't work for them, it's a glitch. Or if something has changed (CPU electing to receive the ball at the start of the second half) it's a glitch. I love this game.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Am I the only one who dosent have freezes? And loves the game. I mean yea the linebackers are really gay when they jump and swat but I still love the game. Other than that the game is awesome for me. Anyone wanna play? Add Ske3terFX95 xbox. Go noles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »