Home

Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode

This is a discussion on Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I hate how every year since NHL 10 you have to grind through a season or two of this mode just to unlock boosts to be competitive in the online portion of the game.
Agreed, beats paying for it though. And if the BAP is much improved it will be actually worth playing... (or you could have your grind rookie 9 goals a game BAP and a serious BAP)

The only thing that worries me is not hearing anything on improving human goalie controls. They've been a nightmare for two years and got even worse for NHL 11.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #18
Rookie

code_m's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Agreed, beats paying for it though. And if the BAP is much improved it will be actually worth playing... (or you could have your grind rookie 9 goals a game BAP and a serious BAP)

The only thing that worries me is not hearing anything on improving human goalie controls. They've been a nightmare for two years and got even worse for NHL 11.
Agreed. I am scared to even think about buying this game. I like all the new features, but they have so many basic bugs they need to fix, I would not mind seeing ZERO new features.

Namely the camera system(s). Single player team play cameras are OK, but they still could use much improvement. As for Be a Pro cameras (what I mainly play) they simply suck. I mean I rarely play as a defender cause you cannot see your own character 80% of the time. Forwards aren't much better as I tend to play on the boards a lot, and too often I find the camera looking more at the stands the what is going on. Goalies probably have it the worst: Only two options, High or Low, and on my PS3 your stuck with Low at the start of every game and must change it in the start menu if you wish to use the high camera. With the Low camera you find you can't see the puck once near the goal line, and post to post play is near impossible (STILL). With the high camera you find it angles down too much with play near the net and have trouble covering the puck.

Also, new desperation saves??? This hasn't worked for human goalies since... uh? ever?

I'd just like to be able to cover it when I ask to. And as for rebounded pucks, why do I go the improper direction on a diving cover like 95% of the time?

Not being totally inept when playing outside of the crease would be a godsend. I mean I don't know a goalie out there that doesn't one-time rolling pucks to take off the pressure. Oh and back to cameras, you can't see jack-didley-squat when playing a puck behind the net... PLEASE change that.

Another bug I've seen on repeat accounts: Your doing great, your up 2-0 and the game has about 13 minutes left... the other team begins crashing the net exessively... you give up a small rebound (6 inches) and your about to cover it up when... VIOLA ! GOAL!!! ... review it, good chance the attacker's stick went THROUGH your leg to get the shot off. Ouch my physics!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm still hoping for some up and coming mention of game face, or at least a better face editor.
It will be a mild letdown if i'm stuck playing Be a Pro which actually looks more interesting this year, i haven't played it since 09, with the usual assortment of odd looking faces.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I hate how every year since NHL 10 you have to grind through a season or two of this mode just to unlock boosts to be competitive in the online portion of the game.
Yep, and what's worse is the people online who will play on the easiest difficulty level (where the AI doesn't even try to stop you) and just powers through and gets all the boosts to use online.

What's the fun in that?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Yep, and what's worse is the people online who will play on the easiest difficulty level (where the AI doesn't even try to stop you) and just powers through and gets all the boosts to use online.

What's the fun in that?
Aren't most of the unlocks level specific? I seem to recall that being the case. At anyrate people bitch for realism, they adjust BAP so that you need to earn your way into the NHL and get proper ice time, and they're still bitching. I know the game has it's issues and AI has needed lots of love for awhile now but seriously guys, play the demo first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #22
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Aren't most of the unlocks level specific? I seem to recall that being the case. At anyrate people bitch for realism, they adjust BAP so that you need to earn your way into the NHL and get proper ice time, and they're still bitching. I know the game has it's issues and AI has needed lots of love for awhile now but seriously guys, play the demo first.
Problem Realm is that for some boost to get unlock, you have to win a cup or 2, you have to score 200 goals, etc, etc, etc.

There's no difference if you do it on Rookie casual or SS Hardcore. That's a problem since I can score 20 goals in a game on Rookie, but on SS, I'll get my *** handed to me.

With the "earn your ice time" it's going to be even worse. If you play a normal game, it's going to take more time to unlock boost since it's normal for a rookie to have his struggle. People will put it on rookie - casual, get tons of stats and unlock everything easily. That's not if they do it by cheating online with friends.

I would be so happy that EA solves this problem by giving few generic type of players with set attributes for online mode without boost and anything. Playing field level and no more whinning about one cheating and so.

Like that, EA could let the boost go for offline, concentrate on how to give XP points for overall link to the level you play (it's not normal for a human goalie that stops 32 of 35 shots on SS to receive no XP points because he was ordinary while another human goalie making 8 of 8 saves would get tons of XP points on rookie for the blank and 1.000 save %).

I know, I'm living in my own world, and it's never going to happen!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Problem Realm is that for some boost to get unlock, you have to win a cup or 2, you have to score 200 goals, etc, etc, etc.

There's no difference if you do it on Rookie casual or SS Hardcore. That's a problem since I can score 20 goals in a game on Rookie, but on SS, I'll get my *** handed to me.

With the "earn your ice time" it's going to be even worse. If you play a normal game, it's going to take more time to unlock boost since it's normal for a rookie to have his struggle. People will put it on rookie - casual, get tons of stats and unlock everything easily. That's not if they do it by cheating online with friends.

I would be so happy that EA solves this problem by giving few generic type of players with set attributes for online mode without boost and anything. Playing field level and no more whinning about one cheating and so.

Like that, EA could let the boost go for offline, concentrate on how to give XP points for overall link to the level you play (it's not normal for a human goalie that stops 32 of 35 shots on SS to receive no XP points because he was ordinary while another human goalie making 8 of 8 saves would get tons of XP points on rookie for the blank and 1.000 save %).

I know, I'm living in my own world, and it's never going to happen!
Eh I hear ya but its human nature to try and get things the easy way. No matter how EA or any other dev designs a system, when it comes to online play, people WILL try to exploit it.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

Easiest solution would be to add an option of playing games with boosts or without.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »