Home

Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode

This is a discussion on Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2011, 01:54 AM   #9
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Revamped Be a Pro Mode

My question is do you start in CHL for the 2011-12 season or be elgible for the 2011 Draft? Would be cool if we got to start from the 2007-08 CHL season and play against guys like Tavares, Stamkos, Doughty, Schenn's etc.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
It's really looking good on paper. The fact that last year BaP was ruined by the AI is making more cautious about having a strong reaction.

Like Tatguy80 said, if the AI is playing better, I will have a strong % of my time playing with my pro. Especially knowing I can start at 16 years old with the Quebec Remparts.

It's looking pretty good...hope that the AI will follow.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Sounds good as always. Love what the devs do with the NHL series. Much happier with them right now than I am with the guys at NCAA Football.
Couldn't agree more. Always loved NCAA Football games, but this years disaster has turned me off for any future games. Can't wait for NHL 12 now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #12
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
NCAA and Madden have always been my hold over games to keep me busy until NHL came out :P

Why are you guys saying NCAA was a disaster this year? Because of all the bugs? I will say the game is not bad but it has a ton of bugs, more than I remember from previous games. I think the QA guys were busy having long lunches or smoking some weed out back while on breaks. They sure missed a lot of stuff that players found in the first week.....
Old 07-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah it's strictly the bugs. The gameplay & features are great, but how can you enjoy it with all the freezing & glitches happening? lol. NHL is my #1 game, but NCAA is a nice change of pace during the summer (like you said, a holdover) when the EASHL & other leagues slow down.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Good to hear they are fleshing out BAP mode with the CHL playing a larger part (and customizable). The sim to next shift aspect will really help the mode. I asked them last year about ice time concerns (too much) and Gurn stated it all revolved around not being able to sim ahead in a game with sim engine. The new one and Action Tracker could make this a much more interesting experience... less down time and no more 30 minutes of ice time as a rookie.

I wonder if this stuff will also carry over to our online characters for EASHL/OTP:

Quote:
In addition to the all-new upgrades in Be a Pro, we’ve also updated the Performance Tracker. The Performance Tracker has six rankings, but now each ranking has three levels so your amateur ranking, for example, will now have Amateur 1, Amateur 2 and Amateur 3. With a total of 18 stages in your Be a Pro development, it will lessen the gaps between level-ups.

New this year in Be a Pro mode will be Profile Migration. In NHL 12 you will now be able to bring over some of your stats including goals, assists, games played, etc. from your NHL 11 Be a Pro character’s profile so you can compare what you did from last year to this year. You will also get free boosts based on your Be a Pro stats from last year:
Smaller "gaps between level-ups" could help online, as the jump from pro to legend is always a tough time for our team since we don't rack up games at a fast pace. Getting more points along the way might make it more tolerable when playing the guys who somehow play 150 games in the first week or two.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995
My question is do you start in CHL for the 2011-12 season or be elgible for the 2011 Draft? Would be cool if we got to start from the 2007-08 CHL season and play against guys like Tavares, Stamkos, Doughty, Schenn's etc.
Just start at the NHL level maybe if you want it to be current season.

The truth is I really want to play a CHL career with current players and move up that way. Tired of everyone hoping they back date it that is pointless.

The ability to play a real career in the CHL is awesome and I can't wait.

Biggest complaint about the CHL part is the fact they included the 15 year old exceptional exemption rule. 1) will it only apply to the OHL, the only league to have such an stupid rule. 2) Really for a rule that has been used once why include it at all. CHL players start at 16, 15 year olds play Midget, not even JR A. However that being said it will be easy for me to get past that because I can just adjust my player to 16. Hope they don't flood the leagues with 15 year olds in the next seasons.

I like how EA has made the job of getting to the NHL a challenging journey. I may even tank my first training camp to return to the WHL. It will feel like an accomplishment to get there and if the sim ahead works like the show it won't drag on too long for those who want to move into the NHL portion. I could play 4 seasons of the show in a reasonable period of time (I don't simulate games).

For the guys about the new NCAA game, I don't get it what are the problems. I have been playing it for a week and I love the game so much fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I hate how every year since NHL 10 you have to grind through a season or two of this mode just to unlock boosts to be competitive in the online portion of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »