Home

OS at E3: MLB Bobblehead Pros Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: MLB Bobblehead Pros Preview within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #49
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OS at E3: MLB Bobblehead Pros Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
OK....

There is an edit player option, but it has to be unlocked as an in-game bonus feature. There doesn't appear to be any type of minor league system to speak of(that I can find at least) but it does have create a team and couple that with player edit....it looks like you can create any player you want, and use him on the MLB roster. The create-a-team feature is just like Power Pros, as you can copy the DNA/attribute system of any standard MLB player.

ALSO

The Home Run Derby is downloadable content, and so is another option called "My Bobble" Neither are available to download yet, so I assume they are the content that will be available to download during the All-Star weekend.
So, we have to unlock "Edit a Player" but we do have "Create a Team"? How can we create any player we want? Is there a Create-A-Player instead of Success Mode?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #50
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Good enough for me, this game sounds like another winner out of the Power Pros family.

Happy to finally have a baseball game on my 360! LOL

I'm wondering if that's how it's being published with real teams/players, that it's not 2K publishing it right, it's Konami? So I'm guessing since it ends up being 360 only, they can get away with it as 2K has the rights for multisystem games only.
I would assume your right, but I thought I had read that it will be available on the PS3....maybe I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
So, we have to unlock "Edit a Player" but we do have "Create a Team"? How can we create any player we want? Is there a Create-A-Player instead of Success Mode?
Yes...you have to unlock edit player mode, and I am not sure how its unlocked either. I would assume that to truly create a team the way you want them to be, you will have to wait to unlock edit player mode.....but keep in mind, I have only had the game for 45 minutes. You may be able to do it in create a team mode....but just not 100% sure yet.

The full stat tracking is there just like Power Pros, and the little injury notification is also in. If a player gets injured, you will get a little pop-up saying "Carlos Pena is being treated for an injury, but will remain in the game"

Hitting home-runs is not an easy task either. In two full games I have only hit one, and that was a no-doubter by Curtis Granderson. I lined up the cursor absolutely perfect, and nailed it. I have hit quite a few balls to the wall or off the wall, but every single one I have had to use power swing to do so.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #51
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Ok...so you can't edit a player in create a team mode.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #52
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Quote:
Yes...you have to unlock edit player mode, and I am not sure how its unlocked either. I would assume that to truly create a team the way you want them to be, you will have to wait to unlock edit player mode.....but keep in mind, I have only had the game for 45 minutes. You may be able to do it in create a team mode....but just not 100% sure yet.
Yes, I understand that now. I scrolled down to "Edit Player" and there's a lock next to it and also "MLB Bobblehead Battle Bonus". I'm guessing either "MLB Bobblehead Bonus" either is something that has to be unlocked, or is more downloadable content..
Old 07-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #53
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

I also checked out Season Mode and I don't think you can trade players .
You can't click on a player and see his abilities or role (Dr. K, Starter, etc.) either.
There is emails though.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #54
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Yes, I understand that now. I scrolled down to "Edit Player" and there's a lock next to it and also "MLB Bobblehead Battle Bonus". I'm guessing either "MLB Bobblehead Bonus" either is something that has to be unlocked, or is more downloadable content..
Yep.....wish I knew how to unlock it, but I am sure we will know in the next day or two.

Early impressions are that I love this game, and it feels like an exact replica of Power Pros 2008. Best 800 points I have spent in a long time!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #55
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Quote:
Yep.....wish I knew how to unlock it, but I am sure we will know in the next day or two.

Early impressions are that I love this game, and it feels like an exact replica of Power Pros 2008. Best 800 points I have spent in a long time!
Yeah, I'm sure we'll find out shortly.

It is looking good, and it feels exactly like Power Pros. It's just as easy to play.
If this whole roster thing works out, and we're able to create players instead of using a Success Mode-like feature, this will be a major success.
But after playing the demo a few times, I figured out that pitching is something I'm gonna have to get used to..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #56
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Quote:
I also checked out Season Mode and I don't think you can trade players .
You can't click on a player and see his abilities or role (Dr. K, Starter, etc.) either.
There is emails though.
First email:

Subject:Season Opener / From: League Office / Date: March 31, 2011

The long awaited baseball season has come.
Are you ready for the upcoming season?
Please check that your team is ready for the season opener.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »