Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #89
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
When has there ever been competition for EA's NCAA???
That argument may be true for Madden but not even remotely true for NCAA.

This! The only time I can remember any other game getting close to EA's NCAA game was 989's Gamebreaker series on PS1.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:09 AM   #90
Rookie

sublime55's Arena

OVR: 0
one of the biggest things that bugs me is that EA once again has totally screwed up UTs roster... do they not watch spring games or look at spring rosters? how can they not know the jersey numbers of the players? it just really amazes me how badly they have screwed up texas' roster this year.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:22 AM   #91
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime55
one of the biggest things that bugs me is that EA once again has totally screwed up UTs roster... do they not watch spring games or look at spring rosters? how can they not know the jersey numbers of the players? it just really amazes me how badly they have screwed up texas' roster this year.
Just to let you know, roster statements have reached their acceptability limit on OS.
Especially since it's been noted several times that we have the ability to Edit as we see fit through the in-game editor or TB.

Just don't want you to get in trouble over an aspect you will have the ability to change to your liking!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #92
Rookie

shaneralphie1993's Arena

OVR: 2

I was excited about NCAA 12! But After playing the demo.. I am very disappointed.. The gameplay is worse than last year, The game openings are not much better than last year, and the replays are just the ball spinning aimlessly around the field in circles.. for a game coming this soon, it looks horrible. I love the franchise, but will PASS on NCAA this year, in hopes Madden is better, like every year..

NCAA: Arkansas Razorbacks
NFL: New York Jets
NBA: Houston Rockets
Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #93
Rookie

Listen, can we all admit that no video game will be perfect? With that said, I think everyone is expecting too much from NCAA 12. Have there been improvements? Definately. Does it seem like Madden 12 is going to be light years ahead of Madden 11? Absolutely. But let's keep this in mind. NCAA 11 was a really good game and Madden 11 was gawd awful. So, if Madden 12 goes from an F to B-, then it seems great. But if NCAA 11 was a B and NCAA 12 is an A- then it doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal. Bottom line is an A- is still better than a B-. NCAA 12 is going to be a great game to play. Let's not put too much weight on the demo, and enjoy the game for what it is.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #94
Rookie

I don't usually chime in on these kinds of things but I do not feel that NCAA 12 was given fair "Impressions" by this group. Kind of disconcerting being that this is suppose to be a website commited to sport games.

Dustin Toms said; 'Down by eight with 22 seconds left, Texas opted to run a draw.' he noted this as a negative. I have been a football player/coach the last 20 years and I will tell you that running a draw in the situation the writer mentioned is completely feasible and anyone knowledgable in the sport of football would know this.

Caley Roark stated 'I saw a couple instances where I sacked the QB as he "threw" the ball -- it looked to either be intentional grounding or a fumble each time'. I know what the writer is talking about and again this is another unfair assessment. If someone is throwing the ball and contact is made on them an errant pass is considered an incomplete one if not obviously caught, now matter where the pass ends up, as long as it is not a lateral pass or the thrower's arm is not coming forward which would be considered a fumble.

Now for Jayson Young. This guy apparently is one of those people that enjoys going against the grain and out of his way just to show how 'cutting edge' he is. Mr. Young probably wears a full length leather trench coat, or something similar. He didnt really say anything in his 'impression' except to mention other sport games and an obscure title like Backbreaker. Why even write his piece? Mr. Young said '...(NCAA Football series) continues to sell well only because it belongs to the football genre...' Am I the only one that realizes that this comment made way more sense then he intended? I mean, I am not going to buy the game because it is in the science fiction genre! Wow!! For the people that agreed with him, what exactly did you agree with??? He said nothing!!!

There were a lot of things left our of this piece. The only thing that was spoken of was the in-game play, and the 'issues' they spoke of are so minute and silly or uneducated as I showed above.

I am a football fan but above all else a college football fan. I love the NCAA Football series and will buy the latest version and subsequent versions also. This series has not been the high selling series that it is because its in the football genre as Mr. Young so eloquently put it. It sells a lot of copies because it is a great and deep game and EA has done a great job year after year.

I love the idea of this site but please, in the future try to be more reverent with your impressions.

Thank you.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyr326
I really love the fluidity and how much smoother the game plays, but I'm not sure If anyone knows what I'm talking about, but I feel that the CB/WR interaction in man coverage is still broken. It feels as if the Cornerbacks already know what route the receivers are running. If EA can fix that aspect Madden and NCAA would be so much better. That part of the game still doesn't feel right to me.

Does anyone else agree?
I agree but thats only on heisman because wen u put it on heisman its telln the cpu to do anything necessary to win thats y u have the lbs jumping how high they want and the cbs jumping ur routes b4 ur wr runs it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #96
Banned

what i dnt get is in the demo i was up 14 to 0 in the 4thq 1:20 left i was oregon. texas had the ball on the 20 and ran the ball all 3 downs and then punted wtf that should b fixed. Same **** happens in ncaa 11 looks like they didnt change that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »