Home

OS at E3: NBA 2K12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: NBA 2K12 Preview within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #73
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: OS at E3: NBA 2K12 Preview

I don't play online, don't care about it and probably won't buy sports games in the future, when online might be the dominant mode. YET(!), as a consumer I would say, that there is not even a slight of excuse for online not to work properly. If it's one of the features - it should work 100%. But I'm not sure if this problem will be fixed for good any time soon. We'll see...

Personally, I'm waiting to see the whole package (minus online, which I don't care about) - gameplay, graphics, modes, presentation, original and new touches etc.. But especially this year, when I'll have to save my money and buy less games (if any), I need much more of an upgrade over the previous year in order to convince me to buy the game. Solid gameplay with no real graphical boost = not buying (vice versa is probably not relevant when it comes to 2K, though I do expect a gameplay boost as well).

But that's just me, one consumer. 2K can still sell 1,999,999 units without me, so why do I even bother?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 06-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hefner
Each and every 2k has had horrible server issues no matter what they claim about fiber optics or new nasa technology they never ever fix this issue... but one of the most major issues i have with the 2k basketball franchise is how they make the worst possible players on the team have the easiest releases when was the last time you played the lakers and got torched by kobe from the perimeter? more then likely its steve blake leading the team in perimeter or shannon brown... played against the sixers last year? then you know jodie meeks well he has the textbook release and leads the team in scoring pretty much everytime i play against the sixers samething with von wafer on the celtics....

another dumb thing about 2k is just because your the tallest guy on the foor doesnt mean you have dennis rodman rebounding abilities i made a center in my player and my third i played against th emagic and out rebounded dwight howard 22 to his 10 rebounds because my player was 7'1 with 70ish rebounding numbers...

another dumb thing about 2k is that they have 1.5 million moves made for breaking down the defense but what about the great defenders in the league the Deshawn Stevensons, dewayne wades, the corey brewers why dont they have special tools to help them shut down the elite scorers in the game i put corey brewer on jodie meeks and he get torched game after game...

another thing i hate about 2k is the fact that this game tries to fool you into thinking that everybody has a mid ranged game everybody on the floor has a perimeter shot no matter the rating i play against the hawks and josh smith is torching me from deep (one foot inside the 3pt line repeatedly with defense in his face when in real life people want him to shoot that shot did u watch the hawks bulls series in this years playoffs his own fans boo'd him when he shot the ball WIDE OPEN cut the bull 2k and make a with a hordcore mode for real fans of the sport so i dont have to witness such foolishness
I agree with everything u said I am a 2k fan but it isn't close to like ho real basketball I'm also focused on gameplay as well I like the other stuff to but gameplay is the most important thing in a basketball game. I'm not gonna buy next year's game but i 'll definitely borrow it from a friend.

I know the game is not gonna be perfect and its an early build hopefully they would polish it like they said they would i'm not gonna get all hype up like i did last year but lets see what they bring to the table.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #75
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hefner
i mean no disrespect to anyone my term fanboy is a harmless jab aimed at the people that call themselves fans of the sport of basketball that think that more iso moves is gonna make the perfect game even more perfect. ive owned every 2k basketball since dreamcast and even when i bought every live game i always supported 2k basketball because it was improving year after year once it officially took the thrown from the live series they started to get sloppy in my eyes.

i dont play association mode i enjoy playing online against other humans and for example 2k has offered the choice of creating or joining online leagues for quite a while now. madden started this maybe 2 or 3 games ago but they have already surpassed 2k baskets online league options. madden allows you to only only create an online league but u can play in it by yourself against 31 cpu controlled teams in 2k basketball if someone drops your league any game against them has 2 be forfiet until a new owner is found so if i only have 20 people i have 2 eliminate teams from my online league which is not realistic. also madden has 10 years of online franchise and atleast that many draft classes so even if you are stuck with the buffalo bills you can get better through the draft, 2k basketball has a one season and done so who really wants to go through a season with the clippers or the cavs when there is no hope to improve your team with trades and then there is no next year so once someone is out of the playoff picture why even continue to play your stuck madden has made these improvements within the last 3 games what has 2k done to the online league mode in the same amount of time

like i said i have given 2k my money and looked the other way while they ignored issue after issue and plea after plea about what would make the game better and in the same token improve sales and overall satisfaction i dont intend to hurt any feelings or start any beef on the forums but my thing is flaming the 2k forums has proven it wont work we have 2 let them know just like i did with madden last year that if you are not going to field our suggestions then we will take our money elsewhere and i dont expect the video game players to undestand unless they are fans of the game
well u know just as 2k hasnt been all to great with the online modes madden hasnt been too great with its offline modes..They have basically taken what 2 r 3 years off from franchise mode and super star mode is the worst career mode i have ever played. but on the other hand 2k has the best franchise mode and they also have a very appealing my player mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2
I like the additions but besides gameplay they REALLY NEED a new expert analyst Clark Kellogg? Really? ITS AN NBA GAME GET NBA COMMENTATORS!!!! I dont mind Kevin Harlan although he is nothing like he is in real games. Wheres the passion? "RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!" "UP HIGH AND DOWN HARD" "WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!" Where is that in 2K? Step up Harlan...
Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

^It is going to be Steve Kerr and not Kellog.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #78
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
They really need an online Association. I want to be able to set up a fantasy draft game with my friends.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2
I want the errors fixed. F--- the dam faces and crowds and other useless updates. I want a realistic HOF, better My player ( play choosing, chemistry keeper, more plays when im doing good, option to reduce season, etc.), online is a joke still. Takes forever to join and then sometimes it gets disconnected halfway -_- and C'mon with My crew...it's lacking. Make it so people can't hide their 7'10 POINT GUARDS and then cheese the whole game. ugh, it annoys me how they are focusing on graphics and other stupid crap, home crowd? like i care. I want to run a fast break and not get blocked from behind by a guy 10 ft away...
Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0
its most likely gonna be D.Rose on the cover. MVP. and its an easy transition from having MJ. D.Rose may be the second coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »