Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #25
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
I think people were expecting some complete game redesign unrealistically. They can't fix every problem in one year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #26
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I think people were expecting some complete game redesign unrealistically. They can't fix every problem in one year.

Yeh I agree with what you are saying. I'm going to love this game, I'm sure but my disappointment comes from the WAY they do things like presentation, CC, and some of the gameplay. I just feel Madden is getting it right with presentation this year and NCAA is missing out. The CC isn't being implemented right in my opinion either without coach ratings, and there are still some flaws in gameplay (CPU running out of the spread for example) However, this game will still be fun and I think '13 will have a chance to be one of the best football games ever made.

Without criticisism the dev team would be on their own. There's a difference between some of the haters on here and those who still enjoy the game but just want to see it pushed forward.

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 07-01-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #27
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I'd like to comment on two things. Firstly regarding how they are finally getting back to the level of lastgen; I'm glad to see they admit stripping it down to start over was a mistake. I think many of us here felt it was just a way to reintroduce old features as "new" year after year to make a buck. I'd like to take a more open minded approach and just accept that perhaps translating all that old code (and features builts up over several years on last gen) was not the easy task we all think it is, and they simply decided to start from scratch. But now that they admit that was the wrong way to go, I'm hoping we see nextgen NCAA hit the ground running.

Now regarding presentation, I appreciate their hard work on the pregame graphics etc but what fans REALLY want, and have wanted for years, is more dynamic commentary both during and around the game (i.e when those fancy pregame rituals are on screen, we want to hear Nessler and Herbie discussing the last matchup between these teams, how this game is important (conference standings?), why one player is doing this or that this year. Actual relevant analysis of the game, not generic comments.

But I would like to make it very clear I am looking forward to this game as much as I have for ANY NCAA football title to date, and I've played them since 2003.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4
CPU throwing the ball away? I had 8 sacks in my game on Heisman and not once did they throw it away.

Camera angles are very stale. I have yet to see any broadcast angle where a camera circles a stadium constantly.

I did like the collisions though, much improved there.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm not a fan of those 2K football games. NCAA 12 may be the best football game ever created on the PS3. But that doesn't mean it's a truly great game or a revolutionary improvement over NCAA 11.

I do get tired of everyone judging people that have a different opinion as though we are whiners or have an agenda. I do have tough standards. I have no problem admitting to that. But just because someone disagrees with someone doesn't mean they have an axe to grind. People will always have different opinions and people need to respect a differing view point.
Agree completely.

I think it is ridiculous that its 2011 and a football video game isnt using a physics based engine. Thats my opinion. I expect more than tweaks and finally fixing things that were examples of very very poor attention to detail. (ie medical redshirts...not hard to program and imo inexcusable to not be in the game)

I will buy NCAA 12. College football is by far my favorite sport. I cant bring myself to not buy the newest version.

That doesnt mean we all have to get all lovey in our praise of EA. My damn 60 dollars every year does that enough.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #30
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Nice write up agree with most of what you said. However, I disagree with what you were saying in response to jayson. Or at least the presentation part, the presentation has been poor compared to what NCAA Basketabll 10 was capable of doing in a couple months (adding CBS). Now I don't mean that EA needs CBS (though I wish they would) but rather that compared to other sports games the commentary is bland and the rest of the presentation is a disappointment, it is better than 11, but it is not the true ESPN broadcast feel that NCAA Basketball had. The replay cams absolutely kill the real presentation feel to me. I think they will be able to focus more on the presentation next year especially after seeing Madden 12.
I'm not saying you in general, i quoted this because you brought the point up first.

I think there gets to be a pretty divided misunderstanding when it comes to presentation.

Seems to me people get presentation and commentary confused. Lets face it, the game presentation is excellent, bevo is unbelievable. EA's gone to great extent on making the game feel and sound like college football.

Commentary is where I think people get disappointed with, we've been hearing a lot of the same lines, same stuff for a long time. Every year it seems to improve however, yet it's certainly not like watching a live game on saturday night.

Just my ½ cent here, i'm not complaining, just pointing out I feel there is some misunderstanding.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #31
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I'm not saying you in general, i quoted this because you brought the point up first.

I think there gets to be a pretty divided misunderstanding when it comes to presentation.

Seems to me people get presentation and commentary confused. Lets face it, the game presentation is excellent, bevo is unbelievable. EA's gone to great extent on making the game feel and sound like college football.

Commentary is where I think people get disappointed with, we've been hearing a lot of the same lines, same stuff for a long time. Every year it seems to improve however, yet it's certainly not like watching a live game on saturday night.

Just my ½ cent here, i'm not complaining, just pointing out I feel there is some misunderstanding.

To me I understand presentation as the way a game is presented, from commentary to graphics (ESPN), to camera angles and replays, to cut scenes/entrances. That is presentation. As far as the entrances I think EA is doing a fine job but commentary is weak and I still am not sold on the ESPN style, they have the graphics but they have got to go to Madden's new replays and cutscenes like a real life broadcast.

My thought of presentation might be off, maybe I'm missing something or including something that shouldn't be but that is the way I see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #32
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Even if nothing changed my suction, I still feel like it completely changes the game and how it is played. Gone are the days of magical spin moves that help you bust huge runs every other play. The feel of the game is just so much different. Many errors still exist but that doesn't mean the game doesn't feel completely different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »