Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Also why is has the speed option been wrong the whole time. with the speed option you are reading the frontside (5 technique or DE) or or the outside linebacker in some instances. since the blocking scheme is not right the linebacker and the corner are always having a chance to force the alley inside
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #82
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Thank you, Jayson Young!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #83
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
There is no feeling of weight to the players.....grrrrrrr
Old 06-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #84
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5
I definitely enjoyed the demo, but wasn't expecting a whole lot different in terms of gameplay than 11. I more looking forward the deeper RTG and Dynasty's and I think the gameplay is great.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #85
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
I will wait for the real game too drop I am not downloading no demo it is a waste of time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #86
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
Someone mentioned it earlier, but I could not agree more with what they said. This gameplay engine is simply broken, plain and simple. They can try and polish all they want, but you know how the old cliche goes, "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***." That is what they are trying to do. And they continue to say that it will be a "few years" until they get physics in their game. Why? That's lazy. Do they not see the glaring issues that continue to crop up EVERY year because the engine is broken?! Why are they ok w complacency and not making the necessary changes to upgrade this game to elite status?

Fifa 12 did it. It is now time for NCAA to go in that direction. Sure, the game has some good points, and I am excited for the coaching carousel, but the gameplay is so incredibly stale these days. I am almost done playing the demo because the 2 minute quarters are atrocious, it's hard to get any feel for the game. I think a new direction is needed because I've had so many "come on, man" moments. ESPN should have a segment on sportscenter where they showcase the top 10 Madden and NCAA c'mon man moments like they have on NFL live w real players. Then they could show the superhuman linebackers disregarding physics and jumping in the air in the middle of an animation to bat down a pass they'd never get to in real life. Or showing a defensive back whose back is to the play and who magically reacts to the ball in .02 seconds even though he can't see it and get a miraculous interception on what I THOUGHT was an open receiver. All these things can be fixed very easily with one thing... Physics.

Plain and Simple, there are still too many, "come on, man" moments to really justify that this is not NCAA 11.5 or to say that the gameplay is vastly improved. Sure, the lack of suction is awesome, but the warping and ice skating are still prevalent and abundant. It's just frustrating and the even more frustrating thing is seeing how willing people are to give these guys chance after chance to improve these things even though they have yet to show much progress. It's like staying with a girlfriend who keeps breaking your heart bc she is hot. It just doesn't make sense. We need to hold these guys accountable.
I think you guys make some good points. I really do. And I believe its sites like these that help make all of our sports games better.

But honestly.....
I can't wait 'til EA goes to physics in football so I can see what guys will complain about then.

Is the game perfect? By no means. But IMO it is a better game than '11. Its not gonna turn into The Show over night. And I have sad news.....next year's game won't be elite level either.

EA's playing catchup. And yes, I know its their own fault. But it is moving forward.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:44 PM   #87
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
NO COMPETITION!! that's why the series isn't making huge strides....everyone knows and agrees with that.

They are giving us the best they have with what they can work with. I hold NO BLAME towards developers....my hatred is for thr suits who limit the series cuz "THEY" want new fans not us old faithful ones....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
When has there ever been competition for EA's NCAA???
That argument may be true for Madden but not even remotely true for NCAA.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #88
Rookie

lwilkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Game plays smoother this year with more speed. These are two welcome additions to the game. Brad Nessler's team introduction has to be removed or made random. The use of “And here comes……(what ever the home team is)” has been heard in every intro video of the game. I’ve played the demo 6 times, using the four different teams, and he says that same phrase every single time (“And here comes….”). Please, please, please just remove this all together. It has been heard way to much already.
I enjoy great game-play but as well as many others who buy these game, I am a nit-picker for detail. I spend more time trying to make the players look correctly then actually playing the game. With this demo, players still appear over sized at a lot of positions (Quarterback, Wide-receivers, Line-backers, Cornerbacks, Defensive-ends, Tight ends, Strong safeties, and Free safeties for examples). Player’s jersey sleeves also still remain unchanged, still to long and to large. Rest of uniform detail is great.

3D grass looks great during replays. Maybe I read wrong but thought we were getting 3D grass during actual game play. The look of the fields during game play actually took a step backward this year. And I know we’re only playing four 2 minute quarters in perfect weather on grass, but where is the uniform degradation?
Hope they fix the 4th down play select screen. Has happened to me 10 ten times now. There are three plays in the Play Select Windows; I can see the third play (the one in the far right window). The other two plays are not aligned properly (only see the bottom of the play in the Play Window).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »