Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #41
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I've enjoyed it myself.

The main problem I have is the 3D grass not looking 3D in most cases (on PS3). It takes away from the overall appearance.

Other than that really liking the new tackling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #42
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
How many chances do you give someone to make a change before you walk away?

I'm in the boat that I love college football so I buy the game, but I'm tired of the same broken gameplay that isn't fixed.

Presentation and graphics always sells, unfortunately, so money and time isn't spent on much needed gameplay issues.

Something needs to be done so that the physics of the game takes into account the anatomy of the humans that play it. I feel like the players are just torso's with graphic representations of arms and legs.

Fifa address this issue for 12 by adding animations that involved arms and legs, pushing the game in a direction where you don't have the canned animations.

I think this does much more for the game though.

If the legs are part of the movement, then a linebacker can't be in mid-shuffle and then leap 48" into the air in the opposite direction.

I also would like to see eyes matter. If you can't see the ball or the play you can't react. Or at least for dbacks, if you don't see the receiver look for the ball, then they shouldn't be reacting.

If the player isn't looking at it, he shouldn't be able to interpret what's going on.

1. Expand the importance of the human anatomy within the gameplay engine.
2. Make the eyes matter by installing a code that incorporates and read-and-react concept to the game. For as many specific situations as possible in a video game.

Then we could enjoy the greatest football video game in terms of on-field performance.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #43
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeld1
For everyone that says the game is great, I would like to know what they are comparing it to. NCAA 06? Compared to the other sports games like NBA 2k11 or NFL 2k5, This game suck!! ........ people are out of their mind or don't know football. I can't believe what i am reading. No wonder people like Sarah Palin has a voice.
I'm actually comparing it to NCAA 11. I played a ton of NCAA 11, pretty much up until the demo for 12 came out. They fixed a good amount of the issues I was concerned with. With that said, I expect to play a ton of NCAA 12 in the coming months. I'd never compare it to NFL 2K5, cause 2K5's gameplay is old, stale, and completely last gen (but enough about 2K5). That's sort of why I disagree with Jayson. Sure, FIFA has unscripted animations, but there's alot that NCAA does well that FIFA doesn't. Also, IMO, even with the unscripted animations, Backbreaker is a totally broken game. There are things that need improving in NCAA, for sure. But to say that this is an awful game, in my opinion, is a large stretch, especially if you enjoyed NCAA 11. Now if someone is looking for a completely different game from 11, then you won't like this game.

Also, as far as your last couple comments, that's a joke. I'm no Palin fan, but this isn't a political forum. Please read your posts before you lash out in a 3rd grade fashion.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
agree with jayson young. not buying this game again untill i get physics and better animations. gonna play 2k and mlb the show for my sports fix.....
Old 06-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #45
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manslaughterin9
agree with jayson young. not buying this game again untill i get physics and better animations. gonna play 2k and mlb the show for my sports fix.....
I'm surprised so many of you guys are so blind-sided about the game not being physics based. They've said time and again that they weren't going to that system for a few years until they felt it was right. So I wasn't expecting physics in the first place. They never said that.

Yes....Backbreaker has it, I know. But Backbreaker is a funny looking game in my opinion. I don't wanna see EA model after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0
demon 19000,

Lets see were should i began. First NFL2K5 may be a old game, true ...but its still better than any game EA sports have made since. Funny you say last generation game, EA sports is still in the last generation of making games in a new generation, even though they are allowed to make a new game every year. Which mean they suck! As for calling you a Sarah Palin supporter, never said that ...What i said was no wonder people like Sarah Palin has a voice. Translation ... people will buy anything you sale them.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 16
the game feels so much better i just might have to get madden and ncaa this year
Old 06-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 28
I found the graphics from a distance to look similar to last year's game. However the game in motion looks awesome. The players move much smoother with the tackling as impressive as advertised.

The lighting may not jump at you but FSU's helmets look outstanding especially as the dynamic lighting kicks in.

The area that impressed me most was blocking. Seeing lineman get to the second tier and cut block LB's is a thing of beauty. Also screen plays work great. Two years ago screen plays were money. Last year they were impossible. The few I ran looked more realistic where you had to find lanes which closed fast. No big gainers but it felt effective enough to where it isnt money at the same time where it doesnt discpurage you from using it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »