Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Since the beginning of this current-gen console era, the NCAA Football demo has signified the start of the "summer of football" here at Operation Sports. In many ways it is the most loved and hated time here for many folks, including myself. This time of year spawns excitement, anger and rampant discussion about all things related to video game football, but the NCAA Football demo acts as the catalyst that makes all of it happen.

With that in mind, it only seemed right to dedicate this week's roundtable to talking about the NCAA Football 12 demo. Read on to find out what some of our writers think about the demo at this point.

Read More - Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

I completely agree withJayson Young on this one.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
I think I have to agree with him, as well.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
I have to go with Christian and Bob on this. The additions of tackling and momentum play a huge role for me. NCAA 11 was solid, and NCAA 12 really tightens it up.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
MVP

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

"It should be noted, however, that during my extensive play testing at E3, most spread option quarterbacks were very dangerous, and they would make you pay for whiffing on blitzes or not bringing pressure (most notably Baylor). I'm not quite sure if this is an issue that will be found throughout the game, or if it is isolated to Oregon, but I'd like to see this aspect tweaked on release day via the demo tuning that EA has promised us".

This is one thing I hope stands in the retail. I really hope Dual-Threat QBs are dangerous. And I couldn't agree more, if it is a problem that Oregon is ineffective in this department, PLEASE fix this via patch/tuner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15
The cpu "throwing" it away while being sacked is definitely an issue and was the thing I saw the most of while playing the demo besides mobile qbs not doing enough with their legs. The game feels incredible though and I am extremely happy with it - the tackling, zone defense, and lack of suction makes this game have a whole different feel.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
Yep jayson young got it right
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
However, my biggest issues have to do with the CPU AI. Too many times the quarterback has thrown the ball away when he still has plenty of time to find an open receiver. Receivers continue to run into the defensive backs, and the defensive backs keep running to the sidelines before simply stopping. The play calling has also been very questionable, and even entirely stupid at times. Down by eight with 22 seconds left, Texas opted to run a draw. These are all simple problems the developers can presumably fix at some point, so hopefully something is done about these problems.
When I saw this, I unwrapped a banana laffy taffy, took a bite and savored the flavor.

I don't agree with the last sentence though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »