Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #777
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

First off, I really want to thank you guys for all the work you've done compiling and editing all this stuff. I can't imagine how much time that takes, and know for sure I'd never have that much time - I barely squeeze a few hours a week to just play the game.

I have a couple of questions - been playing RTTS, but I was going to start a franchise now. I've already downloaded the OSFM Opening Day set and used that to start all but the first RTTS, so I'm good on that part. I'm curious about trying one of the fully edited ones, and just finished reading about Jason_19's here, sounds like you've edited a bunch of other stuff, bringing in equipment/stance edits, and changes to pitches. Sounds very cool. In your file, where you have added the draftees, what is their status? Are they free agents, or are they in the minor leagues of the team that drafted them?

The second question I have is about creating a player to add in - when I did franchises before, I always created a pitcher and a position player to be versions of me in there. Is there already a template in these downloaded rosters to be edited, or would I need to import in two templates (A-pitcher and A-position player) to then edit as desired? I'm guessing they would go in as a free agent and I could then sign them, or would I import them directly to a specific team?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #778
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbarian
In your file, where you have added the draftees, what is their status? Are they free agents, or are they in the minor leagues of the team that drafted them?

The second question I have is about creating a player to add in - when I did franchises before, I always created a pitcher and a position player to be versions of me in there. Is there already a template in these downloaded rosters to be edited, or would I need to import in two templates (A-pitcher and A-position player) to then edit as desired? I'm guessing they would go in as a free agent and I could then sign them, or would I import them directly to a specific team?
You're welcome. The thanks goes to many members in the community for their contributions to the base file that I used and a few of the changes I've made to the file since.

About the draft picks, 29 of themare on their teams and 8 of them (Jackie Bradley Jr., Matt Purke, Aaron Westlake, Daniel Norris, Daniel Vogelbach, Cory Spangenberg, Robert Stephenson and Joe Ross) are in the Free Agent 1 list.

As for creating a player, you would need to import a player or use an existing player. If you want to create a player who has an A potential, I suggest importing a player to edit instead of just overwriting an existing player who has an A potential.

It would be easier to just leave them on the team that you want them on, instead of editing a player while on a team's roster, moving that player to the free agent list and then signing them when you start your franchise.

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-23-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #779
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey guys, I'm looking for a player and I thought this would be the best place to come to. I'm trying to find P Ryan Feierabend who is in the Phillies system who was let go by the Mariners back in Spetember. I have checked both rosters and he is nowhere to be found. I am now looking through the rest of the league but I still haven't found him. Am I missing something or is he not in the game?

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #780
MVP

MillerTime89's Arena

OVR: 24

I've noticed while playing with a 30 team franchise that RF Bryce Harper seems to regress.. Does anyone else have this happen? I just find it odd that he goes backwards instead of forward since he is only 18yrold and with an A potential. I play with training assignments off.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #781
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime89
I've noticed while playing with a 30 team franchise that RF Bryce Harper seems to regress.. Does anyone else have this happen? I just find it odd that he goes backwards instead of forward since he is only 18yrold and with an A potential. I play with training assignments off.
I've seen it-it happens because he already has pretty high ratings, you progress less with training off, and 18-20 year olds progress less than older players. I've also seen it with Heyward and other players like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #782
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

I just uploaded version 5.73 to the roster vault (June 25) under "J19v5.73 (OSFMv2OD base)".

Here is a download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b4sr2n

I started a franchise and noticed some things that were still not correct. For the record, I never claimed that these were a total update.

I only added these changes to a roster file because one of my friends wanted to download my set, so I updated it for him and decided to post about it for everyone else. I don't know how anyone can run a franchise or a season with the default rosters or even updates from early in the season because way too many things change from season to season. That's not a knock on anyone. That's just baseball. I've made thousands upon thousands of changes and I'm still noticing too many things that are not correct.

I corrected various hitting attributes for a few dozen various players, pitch speeds, pitch types and pitch attributes for quite a few various players (more Phillies relievers than any other team's pitchers), tweaked Dustin Ackley's face and added some more stances and deliveries.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #783
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime89
I THINK (emphasis on think) that player ratings are limited by age in some degree. A player can not be over a certain rating at a certain age and if he is over this limit he will regress. Again this is speculation.

I KNOW that Bryce Harper on this set is created as one of the lower "A" potentials. He will never be max like Heyward unless he changes potential during the course of the franchise.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #784
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone got a CAP for White Sox pitcher Hector Santiago? His contract was just purchased from the minors and he was not included by whoever did the White Sox minors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »