Home

OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 19
I agree with pretty much everyone on the roudn table.

Im all for the online franchise modes using all teams for said sport, but the coordintaing the logistics could be a potential nightmare. Thats why these features are so "bare bond".
-How does one regulate player progression, while keeping the league competeyive, balanced and fair. IMO, the same rules that apply to player progression off line does not work online.
-scheduling would be a nightmare for all D-1 teams in a college footbal game. how do you regulate this how many servers would you need to support that much capacity/ data. But the ideas woudl be limitless
-online leagues is a form of social media, its just finding the proper wya to implement all the potential features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #42
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game?

Can't we just take all these ideas, and make the greatest sports game ever?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliezfinest
I want to c more fluid commentary nba2k is on da right track madden need to get there cause the commentary is boring n not tru to da game
Yeah, this is one of my biggest gripes. 2k5 had Dynamic halftime shows that were entertaining to boot. All Pro also had a feature I liked where when you ran out of bounds the players on the sideline either tried to stop your momentum or got out of the way. It's a small thing but these things add to the immersion.

Another thing - what about real dynamic commentary. The commentary should be picking up and commenting on my stats more regularly. Wow Peppers is working hard out there - it's the 3rd game of the season and he already had 6 sacks, etc.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 9
creativity
Old 06-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7
I just want a franchise mode that actually has longevity. Something that can be played multiple seasons that does not have major game killing bugs like either lack of progression or over progression, salary cap problems, strange trades, lack of trades, strange AI moves, recruiting issues or any types of problems that takes away from producing an genuine teambuilding experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4
To me its becoming necessary to listen to my own music while playing games. You know which games had it and you know it made the experience that much better.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think just maybe all sports games should have a myplayer mode but here's the twist: Myplayer mode that continues to next year's release. IE: NBA2K11 should continue to 2K12's myplayer mode. Also all college or amiture leagues to that sport should transfer over to the majors. IE: College 2k12 to nba 2k12. It just makes sense.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1
I think file sharing should be included in all sports games. NCAA Football, NBA 2K and MLB The Show greatly benefit from this imo. Madden, NHL, and UFC could really use it. When the community works together and creates a roster it blows the official roster updates out of the water.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »