Home

OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Feature Should be in Every Sports Game? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
a lot of those things are nice but aren't things that are a must for games. A must is something like "In Game Saves".
Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
SPECTATOR MODE!!! All modes.

Your friends get to see you play others in exhibition or league/franchise games. Spectators can choose what camera view to watch the game in with 'Broadcast' being the default camera setting.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
a lot of those things are nice but aren't things that are a must for games. A must is something like "In Game Saves".
Oh hells yes, I would never be able to finish half the games I play in the Show if not for this feature.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #28
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm still waiting to see a relocation feature of some sort from one of these next gen games. I know Madden had it on the PS2 and Xbox, but I want to see the capability of being able to move your team if you want to. And not to just a few select locations. Wherever you want to move them. It's something that does happen every few years in every sport, so I don't see why this is always looked over every year when the games come out.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #29
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0
The animations are in there so you get realistic looking tackles and stuff. They use animations in the FIFA series as well. Backbreaker looked a lot like Blitz at times... that's not really what you want.

The biggest thing I'd like to see more of is the player personalities/styles. Not random mental stuff where a player plays bad because his grandma died, but just someone playing like they do on the field. Maybe Manny Ramirez won't go for a dive, different throwing animations with quarterbacks, physical corners vrs traditional corners, or soccer players who will go for short passes as opposed to long passes.

It adds that extra layer of strategy and gameplay in all of these different games. You'd be able to get Barcelona to get closer to playing like Barcelona. Playing against a big, strong receiver will be more of a challenge than just going man with any random DB the whole game.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #30
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
This is easy...

Hot cheer leaders!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 17
Im surprised this has not been mentioned yet:

FRANCHISE IMPORT feature should be standard on ALL sports games!

Can you imagine if Microsoft told you that you had to recreate that 15 page Word document from Office 2000 all over again when you install Office 2010 because it cant open the file?.....You'd go ballistic wouldnt you?

Why should we expect any less in Sports games with our franchise modes??? Sports video games should have a standard feature that allows a player to import all their FRANCHISE data into newer versions of their games so they dont have to start all over again if they choose. Some people just want to enjoy the newer features of the newer sports game BUT want to still continue with the history they've created over the seasons and dont want to restart everything all over again.

This should absolutely be a standard option in all sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #32
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12
In game saves!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »