Home

OS at E3: NBA 2K12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: NBA 2K12 Preview within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #57
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
I will make sure too buy this when it hits the stores
Old 06-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #58
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: OS at E3: NBA 2K12 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hefner
i have tons more of things that the fan boys would not even notice because they are 2k fans and not fans of the sport of basketball
Blue Hefner what up fam ? Say man what's with all the hostility LOL ? You have some valid points but that may get lost in your seemingly angry tirade against alleged "fan boys".

Great and insightful discussion is more than tolerated here. Just like you feel strongly one way other's may differ. That doesn't make them "fan boys" all the time. That just makes them people with a different opinion. That's when a discussion breaks out and that my man is what were all here for I think.

So if you change your perspective you might get a different outcome.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #59

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianPowwwa
I'm probably guessing if the Mavs win the finals, Dirk will be on the cover. If, the Heat win, then LeBron or Wade will be on the cover.
What I wonder is if there is a lockout can players even appear on the cover ?
Old 06-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #60
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
What I wonder is if there is a lockout can players even appear on the cover ?
Antoine Walker was on the cover of NBA Live 99, and that was the year there was a lockout.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #61

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Antoine Walker was on the cover of NBA Live 99, and that was the year there was a lockout.
Thanks Kyoto. Excellent point !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Blue Hefner what up fam ? Say man what's with all the hostility LOL ? You have some valid points but that may get lost in your seemingly angry tirade against alleged "fan boys".

Great and insightful discussion is more than tolerated here. Just like you feel strongly one way other's may differ. That doesn't make them "fan boys" all the time. That just makes them people with a different opinion. That's when a discussion breaks out and that my man is what were all here for I think.

So if you change your perspective you might get a different outcome.
i mean no disrespect to anyone my term fanboy is a harmless jab aimed at the people that call themselves fans of the sport of basketball that think that more iso moves is gonna make the perfect game even more perfect. ive owned every 2k basketball since dreamcast and even when i bought every live game i always supported 2k basketball because it was improving year after year once it officially took the thrown from the live series they started to get sloppy in my eyes.

i dont play association mode i enjoy playing online against other humans and for example 2k has offered the choice of creating or joining online leagues for quite a while now. madden started this maybe 2 or 3 games ago but they have already surpassed 2k baskets online league options. madden allows you to only only create an online league but u can play in it by yourself against 31 cpu controlled teams in 2k basketball if someone drops your league any game against them has 2 be forfiet until a new owner is found so if i only have 20 people i have 2 eliminate teams from my online league which is not realistic. also madden has 10 years of online franchise and atleast that many draft classes so even if you are stuck with the buffalo bills you can get better through the draft, 2k basketball has a one season and done so who really wants to go through a season with the clippers or the cavs when there is no hope to improve your team with trades and then there is no next year so once someone is out of the playoff picture why even continue to play your stuck madden has made these improvements within the last 3 games what has 2k done to the online league mode in the same amount of time

like i said i have given 2k my money and looked the other way while they ignored issue after issue and plea after plea about what would make the game better and in the same token improve sales and overall satisfaction i dont intend to hurt any feelings or start any beef on the forums but my thing is flaming the 2k forums has proven it wont work we have 2 let them know just like i did with madden last year that if you are not going to field our suggestions then we will take our money elsewhere and i dont expect the video game players to undestand unless they are fans of the game
Old 06-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #63

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hefner
i mean no disrespect to anyone my term fanboy is a harmless jab aimed at the people that call themselves fans of the sport of basketball that think that more iso moves is gonna make the perfect game even more perfect. ive owned every 2k basketball since dreamcast and even when i bought every live game i always supported 2k basketball because it was improving year after year once it officially took the thrown from the live series they started to get sloppy in my eyes.

i dont play association mode i enjoy playing online against other humans and for example 2k has offered the choice of creating or joining online leagues for quite a while now. madden started this maybe 2 or 3 games ago but they have already surpassed 2k baskets online league options. madden allows you to only only create an online league but u can play in it by yourself against 31 cpu controlled teams in 2k basketball if someone drops your league any game against them has 2 be forfiet until a new owner is found so if i only have 20 people i have 2 eliminate teams from my online league which is not realistic. also madden has 10 years of online franchise and atleast that many draft classes so even if you are stuck with the buffalo bills you can get better through the draft, 2k basketball has a one season and done so who really wants to go through a season with the clippers or the cavs when there is no hope to improve your team with trades and then there is no next year so once someone is out of the playoff picture why even continue to play your stuck madden has made these improvements within the last 3 games what has 2k done to the online league mode in the same amount of time

like i said i have given 2k my money and looked the other way while they ignored issue after issue and plea after plea about what would make the game better and in the same token improve sales and overall satisfaction i dont intend to hurt any feelings or start any beef on the forums but my thing is flaming the 2k forums has proven it wont work we have 2 let them know just like i did with madden last year that if you are not going to field our suggestions then we will take our money elsewhere and i dont expect the video game players to undestand unless they are fans of the game
I got you Blue ! Again I can't argue with much of anything you wrote. One this I can say is that from the inside they are not happy at all with the online performance of the game. So although you may not have heard it voiced know that online is not where they want it to be and they did throw an honest effort at it last year from a performance standpoint. It wasn't enough and they are again aware of that. I told them myself that when EA comes back your online is going to be a problem because theirs .... WORKS.... LOL.

From the information we have heard so far it "seems" like they are trying to touch every area of the game and tighten and polish I can only hope and assume ( I know I know ### of you and me right LOL) online will be better.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
"home crowds donning uniform colors throughout the arena"
Does this mean that everyone will be wearing the same color like "white heat" or that people are wearing different colors but they are all team colors?
Yes it is. All part of the massive presentation and atmosphere revamp 2K is doing as you may have read and seen on the video interviews.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »