Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #737
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Today's article from the very respected baseball man, former GM Jim Bowden. The timing is uncanny if you think about it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-offi...ce-harper-back

FYI, I'm a BoSox fan and truly could care less about Harper. We have a Bryce of our own who has been raking pretty well himself(currently on the DL ), and that's who I'm paying attention too atm...

Anyway, I apologize for hijacking the thread here Knight. I'm walking away now. Again, thank you for these rosters!

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 06-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #738
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Today's article from the very respected baseball man, former GM Jim Bowden. The timing is uncanny if you think about it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-offi...ce-harper-back

FYI, I'm a BoSox fan and truly could care less about Harper. We have a Bryce of our own who has been raking pretty well himself(currently on the DL ), and that's who I'm paying attention too atm...

Anyway, I apologize for hijacking the thread here Knight. I'm walking away now. Again, thank you for these rosters!
No problem and you're welcome!

Harper certainly does seem to have some issues....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #739
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No problem and you're welcome!

Harper certainly does seem to have some issues....

M.K.
Knight165
He's just young...and really, really good at the game. He'll level off once he realizes how quickly he can get to the show if he levels his head.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #740
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

People shouldn't be trying to psychologically analyze and diagnose Harper. That's not right or fair in any way.

What about the pitcher that blew a kiss at him first, stared him down in the dugout on multiple occasions and then threw at him? What about all of the other incidents that Harper's been involved in that he did not start? Everyone needs to ask themselves why you and most of the sports media are ignoring that part of the equation.

Should he have reacted the way that he did? No, he shouldn't have, but this isn't basketball or football where the person who usually reacts to something is the one who gets "caught" and penalized. This is baseball where the instigator is the one who typically gets knocked by players, fans and the infotainment sports media. Hmm. I wonder why that hasn't been the case with Harper. The answer is blatantly obvious.

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-08-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #741
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
He's just young...and really, really good at the game. He'll level off once he realizes how quickly he can get to the show if he levels his head.
I agree.
He's a kid...getting a lot of spotlight......it's certainly a factor in some of his actions which IMO are a little bush. If as Jason is saying...the similar things were done in his direction....that too is bush IMO.
I'm a firm believer in acting like a professional when you are practicing your profession. Beer leagues?...pull your pants down if you like, but when you are representing the people that pay you....act like a gentleman....REGARDLESS of what is tossed your way.
He's young...he'll learn.

That being said....I don't think that his actions will effect his abilities one iota. He is a beast...will be a bigger beast quite soon. I think my initial ratings show that to be true!
If he loses the support of his teammates and/or fans...that may change. Hopefully he gets a coach who talks some sense into him when he is young and convinces him that letting your play do your talking for you is the best thing.

Just my take.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #742
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I agree.
He's a kid...getting a lot of spotlight......it's certainly a factor in some of his actions which IMO are a little bush. If as Jason is saying...the similar things were done in his direction....that too is bush IMO.
I'm a firm believer in acting like a professional when you are practicing your profession. Beer leagues?...pull your pants down if you like, but when you are representing the people that pay you....act like a gentleman....REGARDLESS of what is tossed your way.

That being said....I don't think that his actions will effect his abilities one iota. He is a beast...will be a bigger beast quite soon. I think my initial ratings show that to be true!
If he loses the support of his teammates and/or fans...that may change. Hopefully he gets a coach who talks some sense into him when he is young and convinces him that letting your play do your talking for you is the best thing.

Just my take.

M.K.
Knight165
I agree. I don't think he's this bad, but think of Milton Bradley. That guy had amazing potential, not Harper's potential of course, but he still could've been very very good, and he's thrown it away by having a big head and thinking he's superior to his teammates, now he's unemployed. I know it's NFL, but the same thing happened with Ryan Leaf, he had great talent but had a terrible attitude and was ran out of the league. Know a lot of people will say Leaf was really bad, but he started out at the highest level possible. Harper still has to prove himself in the show. I think he's too talented to struggle, but Brandon Wood average in the minors is in the high .300s and in the pro's he can't break .200. Just some things to think about, but I think National fans can surely say they are excited about 2013 or 2014 when their prospects are in their prime. They have some potential.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #743
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I agree.

Just my take.

M.K.
Knight165
Couldnt have said it better Knight
Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #744
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

I haven't played this game in a while and I'm just getting started with my franchise. Has anyone created and uploaded a base franchise file?
NFL: Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »