Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #513
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Bumble, what did you drop the Timing slider to? Are you still on Veteran difficulty?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:14 AM   #514
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Good luck to you. I was experiencing similar issues with Analog hitting after this patch and I eventually switched to Timing. Since moving to Timing, I've been able to pull more fastballs, but I am also playing with Knight's V2 roster that has the pitch edits, so I don't see as many 4-seam fastballs as I did prior to that roster.

I'd really love to get back with Analog hitting as I was having fun with it prior to 1.16. Keep us updated on your progress ... I hope for your sake that you are able to figure things out.

I would definitely look at getting a new controller. I bought the MLB-themed DS3 with the game this year and love it, even if I'm not using Analog controls as much as I thought I would
Same here bro! Since the new patch I have had to scrap analog hitting and go to timing! A patch that actually made analog hitting horrid for most us for whatever reason. Please give us an option to return to the previous patch!!
People who say its a placebo really do crack me up. No placebo fellas when I had already played 100 games previous with no problems. I'll have to lower timing and see if it helps.

Last edited by sooner1; 05-27-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #515
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We opened up the timing window for analog hitting and decreased the penalty for bad stride timing. It should be virtually impossible for you to hit worse after the patch.
You guys changed the timing on 4 seem fastballs. It was fine before and now on certain TVs I guess its impossible to pull 4 seemers unless you literally guess and swing as soon as it leaves pitchers hands.

Last edited by sooner1; 05-27-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #516
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Good news! Lowering user hit timing fixes the issues I was encountering--including being late on 4 seamers. Lowered mine to 1 and feels like pre patch hitting again.
Guys are you having this issue offline only? I strictly play online and pre-patch I felt that pure analog was broken so I used zone hitting online. Post patch it feels that analog hitting works much better. I have only played a few games using analog since the patch online so I am going off of a small sample size.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #517
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Same here bro! Since the new patch I have had to scrap analog hitting and go to timing! A patch that actually made analog hitting horrid for most us for whatever reason. Please give us an option to return to the previous patch!!
People who say its a placebo really do crack me up. No placebo fellas when I had already played 100 games previous with no problems. I'll have to lower timing and see if it helps.
Keep us posted. I think while you guys are working on Analog hitting, I'm going to tackle Analog pitching. I know the update made things more difficult but I've been having a real hard time hitting my spots with breaking balls; they all seem to end up hanging over the plate and get crushed by the CPU. Perhaps increasing control and consistency a click or two will do the trick.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #518
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
You guys changed the timing on 4 seem fastballs. It was fine before and now on certain TVs I guess its impossible to pull 4 seemers unless you literally guess and swing as soon as it leaves pitchers hands.
No we didn't don't know where you received your information from
Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #519
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No we didn't don't know where you received your information from
I'm just saying since the patch analog hitting has changed in relation to timing on the fastball.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #520
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I started up a new franchise this afternoon with the Seattle Mariners. I plan on only playing the games in which King Felix and Pineda are pitching.

Anyway, using ALL Analog controls, I defeated Oakland 4-1, with King Felix throwing a complete game.

Now, for the part that relates to what we've been talking about. Hitting on Veteran with pitch speed -3 clicks, I was able to pull a couple of fastballs, including one by Justin Smoak for a 2-run HR. I had 10 hits in the game, struck out 6 times and walked twice. I only had 2-3 opposite-field hits; a lot of balls were up the middle and I pulled a good number of pitches, even if they all didn't land for hits, I was getting the results I wanted.

So, perhaps pitch speed is something to look at, as I had Timing @ 5, so don't know what to say about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »