Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #497
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Good luck to you. I was experiencing similar issues with Analog hitting after this patch and I eventually switched to Timing. Since moving to Timing, I've been able to pull more fastballs, but I am also playing with Knight's V2 roster that has the pitch edits, so I don't see as many 4-seam fastballs as I did prior to that roster.

I'd really love to get back with Analog hitting as I was having fun with it prior to 1.16. Keep us updated on your progress ... I hope for your sake that you are able to figure things out.

I would definitely look at getting a new controller. I bought the MLB-themed DS3 with the game this year and love it, even if I'm not using Analog controls as much as I thought I would
I am having no issues with timing or zone, just analog. It's just really weird--like a completely different game at the plate post patch.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #498
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I am having no issues with timing or zone, just analog. It's just really weird--like a completely different game at the plate post patch.
Yep, and it's frustrating, especially for guys like us that are really trying to embrace the new Analog controls. I've also had issues with the pitching after the last update; pre-update I was using Analog controls and pitching on HOF Difficulty and getting good results. After the update, I was getting killed every game by the CPU. I dropped the difficulty (the update did make Analog pitching harder to hit your spots) and it didn't matter; the CPU just was murdering my pitchers. I've gone back to Classic and while I am seeing better results, I miss my Analog pitching.

Hopefully, Ramone or Woodweaver will see our discussion about Analog hitting and chime in with a more detailed explanation as to what was changed in the update and how we can tune things ourselves to get back to that pre-1.16 update feeling.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #499
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I think I am just an anomaly, but I just can not hit via the analog stick after the patch and am pulling my hair out. I have kept my sliders at the defaults (was batting great pre patch), and even when changing pitch speed and cameras am not having success. I am not exaggerating when I say that in 20 games post patch I have yet to score 1 run. Veteran batting btw.

Here are my issues:

-Can not get around on 4 seam fastballs no matter how "early" I perceive my swing to be--they are always hit opposite field.
- When I do hit the ball solid it is either on a line directly to an opposing player, or an outfielder tracks the ball down on the warning track
-Perfect timing/solid contact = lineouts, fly outs, ground outs.
-In the 20 post patch games I've played I have been no hit into the 7th 10 times
-I'm striking out more often as I am missing pitches right down the gut, even with perfect timing (contact always reads "just off")

I'm not posting this as a complaint--just extremely frustrated--I need help badly because as much as I love this game, this issue making the game nearly unplayable. Pre patch I was hitting around .300 and loved how fair and balanced the analog swing mechanic felt. Post patch I am batting sub 100 (lucky to get 3 hits per game--all infield singles deep in the hole to shortstop), and I am feeling cheated. I've set my TV to "Game mode" with no difference, and am even suspecting my analog stick on the controller may be broken?

I guess what I am looking for is how SCEA made analog hitting "easier" in the last patch. Did they increase the solid contact zones, did they play with the swing timing at all? Did they do anything regrding dead zones on the analog stick itself? Maybe my motion is wrong now?

Perhaps if I knew the changes they made, I could adjust the correct slider or make the adjustment in my swing timing to compensate?

I'm desperate guys. Any help would be much appreciated.

We opened up the timing window for analog hitting and decreased the penalty for bad stride timing. It should be virtually impossible for you to hit worse after the patch.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 05-26-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #500
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Icon12 Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We opened up the timing window that's it for analog hitting.
So who does everyone blame now for not being able to turn on a fastball?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #501
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
Could it be that the now more lenient timing window is making the gamer to hit more pitches into play, but into poor hits? With less lenient timing window, the gamer has to time pitches better to hit into play at all. Where he used to swing and miss, he produces poor hits now, whereas before, he needed to make more effort timing the pitch right to hit at all, giving an impression the timing is off now...

Just speculating...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #502
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We opened up the timing window for analog hitting and decreased the penalty for bad stride timing. It should be virtually impossible for you to hit worse after the patch.
Thanks for the response, but the impossible has happened. Are you guys sure nothing was changed regarding timing, especially on 4 seamers? I know I'm not the only one running into the issue of not being able to catch up to them.

So based on this would it be considered a fix to lower the human hit timing slider?

Love this game so don't take this the wrong way--analog hitting just doesn't feel the same as it did pre patch.

Last edited by Bumble14; 05-26-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #503
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Could it be that the now more lenient timing window is making the gamer to hit more pitches into play, but into poor hits? With less lenient timing window, the gamer has to time pitches better to hit into play at all. Where he used to swing and miss, he produces poor hits now, whereas before, he needed to make more effort timing the pitch right to hit at all, giving an impression the timing is off now...

Just speculating...
That's definitely a possibility, but I'm not sure it really applies to the people who seem convinced that it's harder to turn on a fastball post patch.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #504
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
No one is "blaming" the developers. People are trying to figure out what's going on. People that had no problems turning on fastballs before are now having issues. We are trying to fix the issue, not placing blame.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »