Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #145
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpain2345
So all they did was "tune" recruiting? any idea what that means?
I think it means they fixed how the CPU would rexruit 12 QBs and 20 HBs and not recruit to their playstyle? Not positive tho

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #146
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
You act as if your POV is the only one. Not everybody wants to play through 7 years to go from Idaho to Maryland.
Despite the draw of getting very fresh french fries in Idaho, I agree that I don't want to spend 7 years there.

I think it will be balanced, and those that want to make it more difficult can always stay at their school until there is a job that they really are shooting for gets offered.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #147
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

I think a reasonable solution here would be to have a setting similar to how they added recruiting difficulty levels. Add a setting for how hard it would be to get good job offers.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #148
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

Completly and throughly stoked and happy I pre-ordered both NCAA and Madden 12.

This will be the year of the football console game.

Finally!!!

I don't see how you could not be thrilled with all the features being implemented into these games! They are listening. I want the game to be fun too. Not some text sim. I can always play those on a PC. Console gaming must have a big fun factor and that is something EA is good at and IMO NCAA 12 will be the definitve version. I also will go out on a limb and call Madden 12 the Madden we all have waited for on Next Gen.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-24-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #149
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Canes,

In 2K you had the option of Open/Closed legacy. You have the option of building your way up or starting out at a big time school. I don't see the problem.

You act as if your POV is the only one. Not everybody wants to play through 7 years to go from Idaho to Maryland.
That is why I have suggested options. Have something like Casual and Simulation, or Easy, Medium, and Hard. i know not everyone wants to spend 7 years at their first school, but I do, so there should be an option for me to play the game that way. I shouldn't be forced to mke my own set of rules to get what I want out of the CC.

― Plato
Old 05-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #150
Banned

OVR: 0
The original post says that "coach prestige will impact results during simulations, and it will still impact recruiting via the 'pitches' previously in the game."

Coach prestige will also impact the ratings progression of your players. This is confirmed in the TGT q&a, as well as the TSO review.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #151
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I don't see how you could not be thrilled with all the features being implemented into these games! They are listening. I want the game to be fun too. Not some text sim. I can always play those on a PC. Console gaming must have a big fun factor and that is something EA is good at and IMO NCAA 12 will be the definitve version.
Agreed.

I think people get their hopes way too high, especially for a one-year development cycle. Hell, at some point we all do! At the end of the day, from the looks of things, NCAA12 will be much improved over NCAA11.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
u said they could have added more? are u kidding me this is the first year they have CC in and other features and yet you still complain. maybe you should buy this game and just go in a closet and play the quiet game. Because to be honest i will be playing this game all the time, there may be some bugs but that doesnt mean im going to flip out on EA and say that they cant make a good football game. and as far as 2K their servers flat out suck, they are always down when you want to play and are back up when you dont care
I'm sorry if I'm mad about having to spend 59.99 on a game that has really bad flaws every year. You may be okay with it, but I'm not. Especially since they have a team designated to making this game the best it can be. The only reason I called them lazy was because their putting out a unsatisfactory product and they know that it's half done. Since when is it okay to be happy with getting a half-assed product.

Quote:
In real life, the coordinators recruit both sides of the ball. Jimbo Fisher, when he was strictly an OC at LSU, recruited both offensive and defensive prospects. That goes for pretty much every assistant in college football.

What EA should have done (IMO) was designate a region and a set number of prospects they want you to sign. For instance, if you are a coach at Georgia they want you to sign at least one player from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, and they want you to sign 10 players in total. Then should also tell you what positions to recruit, for instance your coach wants 2 RBs, 3 OL, 2 LBs, 2 DTs, one K. If you recruited those three states, signed 10 players and met your positional needs then you met your goals for recruiting, if not, you failed.
That would be great. But, I have a feeling you're recruiting would take a hit because what happens when that state is just not a great producer of college talent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »