Home

Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #209
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
For me, tendencies, age, playbook, and prestige are all the key ingredients for a coach. If you win with your system, your prestige increases, which makes you a "better" coach. I honestly think that's the best way to handle it, instead of using ratings. If you think about it, talents for a coach are illusory in the first place. Sometimes it seems as simple as a guy being in the right place at the right time, winning more games than people thought, which leads to the media taking notice, which leads to better recruits coming in, which leads to more wins, which leads to better recruits, etc.
Same thing is true for any player rating aside from the ones that can be measured (speed/strength/jump).

It's undeniable that some coaches are better than others in certain areas. Yeah it's tough to say which coach is a B in offense, and which is a C+ and put numbers/letter grades on everyone. A lot of it is subjective. Still though if they allowed people to edit ratings we could put them where we want.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #210
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

They started at $30 and have now doubled in price. The work is just a lot more now. More people are hired on to manage the computer aspect of the game, hence paying extra for it. I like not having to buy the whole thing. If I could have bought Fable in chapters I wouldn't have wasted $60.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #211
MVP

poopoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
They started at $30 and have now doubled in price. The work is just a lot more now. More people are hired on to manage the computer aspect of the game, hence paying extra for it. I like not having to buy the whole thing. If I could have bought Fable in chapters I wouldn't have wasted $60.
They should sell a basic version of the game that only has play-now for cheap. Then let you add on the other modes you want. If you want RTG you pay $X. You want online you pay $Y, you want Mascot Mode you pay $Z. Then no one would get stuck paying for features they don't want and people would be able to save money.

It's not about us saving money though, more about them maximizing profits and charging as much as people are willing to pay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #212
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

I agree with you completely.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #213
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Noticed this when reviewing the video closely -- the Miami Hurricanes are really getting some love again this year from EA:

It will be interesting to see how high QB #12 is rated in this year's game, he was a 93 last year. I would feel guilty about it but a lot of teams have been vastly overrated. I think their prestige rating is right, but I don't know if they are a 95 offensive team.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #214
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Noticed this when reviewing the video closely -- the Miami Hurricanes are really getting some love again this year from EA:

It will be interesting to see how high QB #12 is rated in this year's game, he was a 93 last year. I would feel guilty about it but a lot of teams have been vastly overrated. I think their prestige rating is right, but I don't know if they are a 95 offensive team.
If it is like years past and EA just rated the teams players higher than they were last year, then the whole offensive line, WRs, and HBs are all going to be near 90 overall on the team. Thats how it was last year in dynasty when your players progressed into year two as well.

― Plato
Old 05-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #215
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4

I'm fairly certain that is after at least 1 season of dynasty. I believe TCU is ranked 14th in the game in the beginning and not Miami.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 02:40 AM   #216
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

For people complaining about these micro-transactions, it's either that or simply raise the prices of the games from $59 up to $69. I've played games since the Atari 2600 days and they have always been about $50 or so, despite the fact that back then we played games programmed by one to three guys on a shoestring budget in less than a year. Honestly, it's not going to kill anyone to either pay a few bucks to get the extra stuff, and if it is then it's certainly not going to make the game unplayable. Honestly I'm sure most of you guys go to the mall and drop $10 at the food court and don't think twice about it.

I think the reason most of you are probably against this is you fear the industry will go down the route of "what's next, having to pay $5 to play using weather?" or something to that effect. I see that type of comments a lot. Well I can answer it for you, that is unlikely to happen, but if it ever does people simply won't put up with it and it'll be a massive fail. Paying $2.99 for a luxury of being able to move the online dynasty forward is something that caters to a very specific market and is not a major component of the game.

As for me, I'll definitely be buying the commissioners pack to utilize all of these features, they are well worth the money to me, especially the ability to advance the dynasty from a computer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »