Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
yes, im confirming it....
Is this an official confirmation or half-jokingly stated?

edit:
Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
People are over reacting for many reasons.

1) They have said that just because Missouri runs a certain play style typically, doesn't mean they will now hire someone else with the same playbook. It only boosts the chances they will hire someone with a similar playbook. This is realistic, as programs are doing it just about everywhere you look. Army is more likely to hire someone who can come in and run the Option. USC is more likely to hire someone who runs a Pro-Style offense. Once again, they said someone is more likely to be hired if they have a similar play-style, they never said it is automatic that they will hire someone with a different play-style. You will still see changes in the way offenses and defenses are run.

2) I guess I am different from everyone else, but the real joy of CC for me is to take a low job, and build my way up. Ratings effect the game nicely, but its not that big of a deal if its not in their first year of implementing such a huge feature. From what I understand, Prestige Rating is some what of a general coach rating, so obviously it is still going to matter what kind of coach you hire.

3) Take a second and compare it to what we had before, and still tell me that you're truly disappointed with the advancements made in NCAA 12. It used to be, I'd start out at FAU. A year later, I'm being offered the Michigan job. This year, I'd start as a Offensive Coordinator at FAU. Maybe through 5-6 years of progressing through my career, I can end up at a school Head Coaching. Maybe it's just me, but that alone is intensely gratifying.
I'm slightly worried about the degree of difficulty of this on TGT Dynasty Question and Answer it was mentioned that one guy was able to go from OC at Akron to the OC at Baylor the next year.
OKC Thunder
Old 05-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
People are over reacting for many reasons.

1) They have said that just because Missouri runs a certain play style typically, doesn't mean they will now hire someone else with the same playbook. It only boosts the chances they will hire someone with a similar playbook. This is realistic, as programs are doing it just about everywhere you look. Army is more likely to hire someone who can come in and run the Option. USC is more likely to hire someone who runs a Pro-Style offense. Once again, they said someone is more likely to be hired if they have a similar play-style, they never said it is automatic that they will hire someone with a different play-style. You will still see changes in the way offenses and defenses are run.

2) I guess I am different from everyone else, but the real joy of CC for me is to take a low job, and build my way up. Ratings effect the game nicely, but its not that big of a deal if its not in their first year of implementing such a huge feature. From what I understand, Prestige Rating is some what of a general coach rating, so obviously it is still going to matter what kind of coach you hire.

3) Take a second and compare it to what we had before, and still tell me that you're truly disappointed with the advancements made in NCAA 12. It used to be, I'd start out at FAU. A year later, I'm being offered the Michigan job. This year, I'd start as a Offensive Coordinator at FAU. Maybe through 5-6 years of progressing through my career, I can end up at a school Head Coaching. Maybe it's just me, but that alone is intensely gratifying.
I am not disappointed in the advancements of the game, but I am disappointed in the quality of the advancements. We got dreads, but at one ridiculously long length. We get a Coaching Carousel, but its missing the most important part.

It will be nice to see in year 2525 that Penn State has Poe Jaterno as their new coach, but if the only thing he has an affect on is the playbook and his players get one more overall point per progression, then it isn't that major of a change. One thing I am interested in is if Alabama has not finished a season with over 7 wins in 10 years, are they still only going to hire coaches with at least an A- Prestige or will they be realistic and try and get someone with a B and hope he progresses and builds the program back up?

As for your third point, we don't know whether or not we'll have realistic job movement and coach progression. I am assuming going 10-2 3 straight seasons will make your C Prestige coach a B at least, but we don't know yet. We also don't know if going 10-2 as the coordinator at FAU will only give us more coordinator positions, or if the game will still want to give us that Michigan HC job right away.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #52
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
it effects the PROGRESSION of players... that is huge IMO. A down program can hire an A+ prestige coach and see a tangible impact to a team as players progress more than with a lower tier coach.
Had I known this, I wouldn't have been arguing. Glad to know we got a little extra info out of this.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #53
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
yes, im confirming it....

if you want to read more about my impressions from hands on with the game for 100+ hours... go here.. http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea-...tails-revealed
Good look. I like the blog.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #54
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I won't trip unless they fail to make sure that next year all the real vital aspects of CC are in.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #55
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

RynoAid, are you going to write a blog about custom conferences? There seems to be a lot of questions and concerns about how the BCS system will work and if big time schools will end up in crappy bowls if they are moved to a smaller conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #56
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

My main problem is that NCAA 12 will be pretty weak compared to Madden. Im happy that coaches have some affect on progression, but only 2 ratings? Really? no improved offseason? this is a HUGE letdown.
I love College Football so much, I go to probably 3-4 games per year, I literally live and breath college football, but this game is seriously disappointing to me. I may buy madden instead. help me find some light guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »