Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #465
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Anyone else having a really difficult time hitting via pure analog post patch?

In the patch notes I had read that the patch had made analog hitting "easier". Not sure I'm really seeing this--if anything it's harder. I'm routinely missing pitches in the strikezone with "normal" and "perfect" timing--balls that I would have crushed post patch. On top of this it seems like I am hitting a ton of dribblers and weak pop outs even with solid contact.

Am I an isolated incident or is this happening to anyone else? Had finally nailed pure analog hitting prior to the patch release and was loving the game. Right now after 4 days I am about to throw my controller through the TV screen.

Me and a couple of other people on this forum have noticed this as well.

I was just starting to become a very good hitter before this patch with analog hitting.

I get the patch and I notice on just about every 4 seam fastball I am way late and hitting it to opposite field and I seem to be swinging slow and unresponsively.

I went into practice mode and used the default rosters and choose David Wright vs Oliver Perez, at the practice field and I noticed something which leads me to believe they either A) Only changed the timing against 4 seam fastballs or B) Glitched the timing on analog hitting.

I was trying to pull every pitch and hit it to left field, with a 4 seam fastball I would be late on it about half the time and hit it to right field half of the time, and for me to pull it I would have to swing right after it released out of his hands. Perez 4 seamer went about 89-92 mph if I remember.

On a 2 seam fastball going about 85-88 mph, I would be early on it pretty much every time, I swung faster and quicker and I was swinging later but still was able to pull it easily.

Now, sure the 4 seamer is going a little bit faster ( about 4 mph ) but does 4 mph really make the difference in pulling the ball down the line and hitting a ball to right field?

I wound up switching back to zone hitting, which I am enjoying but I liked analog hitting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #466
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Anyone else having a really difficult time hitting via pure analog post patch?

In the patch notes I had read that the patch had made analog hitting "easier". Not sure I'm really seeing this--if anything it's harder. I'm routinely missing pitches in the strikezone with "normal" and "perfect" timing--balls that I would have crushed post patch. On top of this it seems like I am hitting a ton of dribblers and weak pop outs even with solid contact.

Am I an isolated incident or is this happening to anyone else? Had finally nailed pure analog hitting prior to the patch release and was loving the game. Right now after 4 days I am about to throw my controller through the TV screen.
Yeah bro it has changed big time. Currently I'm on Hof using jgainseys sliders. I've had to put pitch speed on three and now I have to pull back on the stick way earlier then I used to just to have a chance to get normal timing on a 4seem fastball.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #467
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

There is definitely something going on with analog hitting.

I just played 3 offline games where I had multiple instances where my batter would not swing after I did the motion on my analog stick.

At first I thought my controller was broken, but as this happened a few more times it's almost as if there's some sort of weird lag in certain situations when you swing, sometimes completely locking the swing up and preventing it. This is causing me to be severely late on fastballs, and is forcing me to start my swing earlier than I was pre patch.

Not sure if it's a system issue (I have an older bulky PS3), or what, but the swing not registering is getting really frustrating.

Has this happened to anyone else? Thinking of deleting and reinstalling the patch.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #468
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

And to touch on 4 seamers...I'm in the same boat. Everyone I hit heads oppo field.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #469
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
There is definitely something going on with analog hitting.

I just played 3 offline games where I had multiple instances where my batter would not swing after I did the motion on my analog stick.

At first I thought my controller was broken, but as this happened a few more times it's almost as if there's some sort of weird lag in certain situations when you swing, sometimes completely locking the swing up and preventing it. This is causing me to be severely late on fastballs, and is forcing me to start my swing earlier than I was pre patch.

Not sure if it's a system issue (I have an older bulky PS3), or what, but the swing not registering is getting really frustrating.

Has this happened to anyone else? Thinking of deleting and reinstalling the patch.
I don't feel the timing has changed much but I have experienced similar "lock up" issues. Whether the patch has anything to do with it I don't know, but I haven't seen it happening again since I started making sure that I just move the stick up and not "push" it inadvertently. When I saw a meatball I sometimes pushed the stick a bit (because I got too anxious haha) rather than smoothly moving it up, and I think that was one problem for me.

The transition from the take-back (pull down the stick) to swing (move up the stick) probably needs to be very smooth in order for the analog interface to think our intention is to swing. With a slight hesitation, I think the interface thinks we want to check swing.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #470
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Someone was asking if there would be any other patches to The Show. I certainly don't have inside info but if you load up the game, and go to do the Challenge of the Week (or just go online I guess) there is usually some News about The Show. The first update (it was 1 of 5 for me) says something to the tune of "The final gameplay update for The Show...." and then it discusses the patch that has already dropped (1.16).

Seems to be a pretty clear indicator that barring there being a huge issue or bug, they've stated this is the last patch.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #471
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Someone was asking if there would be any other patches to The Show. I certainly don't have inside info but if you load up the game, and go to do the Challenge of the Week (or just go online I guess) there is usually some News about The Show. The first update (it was 1 of 5 for me) says something to the tune of "The final gameplay update for The Show...." and then it discusses the patch that has already dropped (1.16).

Seems to be a pretty clear indicator that barring there being a huge issue or bug, they've stated this is the last patch.
That's a bit disappointing but why then is the bug thread still open, and nobody from SCEA drops a word in this forum?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #472
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
That's a bit disappointing but why then is the bug thread still open, and nobody from SCEA drops a word in this forum?
You guys do realize that SCEA has nothing to do with O.S., right?
It's not up to SCEA to close threads or direct O.S. in what they open or sticky for them. That's up to O.S.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »