Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #457
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shmooz
May I ask how one swings right or left if they are swinging up? I don't understand how this is done. It seems to me that this is sort of like saying that if I am walking forward I should walk sideways at the same time. How is that physically possible?
You are moving the stick up towards the left or right diagonal, for instance (right stick motions, assuming right-hand batter):

To swing inside \.

To swing outside ./

To swing regular !

I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 05-19-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #458
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Anyone else having a really difficult time hitting via pure analog post patch?

In the patch notes I had read that the patch had made analog hitting "easier". Not sure I'm really seeing this--if anything it's harder. I'm routinely missing pitches in the strikezone with "normal" and "perfect" timing--balls that I would have crushed post patch. On top of this it seems like I am hitting a ton of dribblers and weak pop outs even with solid contact.

Am I an isolated incident or is this happening to anyone else? Had finally nailed pure analog hitting prior to the patch release and was loving the game. Right now after 4 days I am about to throw my controller through the TV screen.

Last edited by Bumble14; 05-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #459
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

In the patch notes I had read that the patch had made analog hitting "easier". Not sure I'm really seeing this--if anything it's harder. I'm routinely missing pitches in the strikezone with "normal" and "perfect" timing--balls that I would have crushed post patch. On top of this it seems like I am hitting a ton of dribblers and weak pop outs even with solid contact.

Am I an isolated incident or is this happening to anyone else? Had finally nailed pure analog hitting prior to the patch release and was loving the game. Right now after 4 days I am about to throw my controller through the TV screen.
This was happening to me as well. I tried everything I could think of but couldn't get back in the groove, so I switched to Timing.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #460
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

I really haven't noticed a difference. I guess it might fee just a little easier.. But to be honest, if they hadn't told us they increased the timing window, I probably wouldn't of noticed. My stats are right in line with where they were pre-patch.

I'm on HOF, btw.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #461
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
I really haven't noticed a difference. I guess it might fee just a little easier.. But to be honest, if they hadn't told us they increased the timing window, I probably wouldn't of noticed. My stats are right in line with where they were pre-patch.

I'm on HOF, btw.
I also haven't noticed much difference in hitting pre and post-patch. Though I do have to make sure that I'm moving up the stick in right directions often enough. I actually hold my controller slanted so that the straight up corresponds to my natural thumb movement (which is bottom left to upper right). When I don't do that PCI ends up missing pitches laterally and results in poor hits even with great timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #462
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I also haven't noticed much difference in hitting pre and post-patch. Though I do have to make sure that I'm moving up the stick in right directions often enough. I actually hold my controller slanted so that the straight up corresponds to my natural thumb movement (which is bottom left to upper right). When I don't do that PCI ends up missing pitches laterally and results in poor hits even with great timing.
Yeah, I heard quite a few people here doing it that way. I hold the controller normally, and go about it a little differently...

When I pull back on the r-stick, I favor the opposite direction of the batter's handedness. In other words, if I'm using a LH batter, I pull the stick down between the 4-5 O'clock mark. This really helps me get around on inside fastballs. Not only does the stick have slightly less distance to travel, but since I'm already holding the stick in a little, the PCI is already inside.

Don't know if anyone else does it this way, but it really helps with my left to right pci placement.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #463
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Count me in as one of the guys who is NOT seeing much, if any, difference with analog hitting since the patch.
I'm hitting the same terrible .245(actually...I might be hitting slightly better!) as before.
One thing analog has done for me....made me play games!!!...(rather than just manage them)
I'm still only playing about 1 game in 10....but last year ...that was probably 1 in 20.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #464
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Believe it or not I am just the opposite. I couldn't hit much pre patch but now it feels easier. I have played two league games online using pure analog. It appears to be easier to me but I think it's hitting in general that's easier. Proir to those two games I played two "play now" games using zone hitting. That also felt easier to hit. I am not sure if it's the timing window "fix" from the latest patch that is the reason or that (atleast to me) it seems that pitch speed has be reduced for online post patch that makes it appear to me that hitting is easier. My last game before PSN went down I was no-hit. A few games before that I was one-hit. Many games, again all online, I had no more than 5 hits. Plus many of these pre patch online games were league games that had sliders adjusted to help hitting. Right now I am pretty happy with hitting in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »